ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Officially Part of Miata Family / build pics*

So some of you know that I have been looking for a miata for the past week or so. Today I purchased a 1994 red miata. A little bit about the car.

millage:94200
new glass top
LSD (known as of tonight)
price: 3200

mods so far:
megan racing ez street coils
xxr 002 15x8 et0 on 195 50

coming mods:
nardi steering wheel
xxr 002 15x8 + 0 fully polished
front lip

pics for clicks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive got a slight issue with the car that I really want to resolve. yesterday when i took it for a test drive, there was a misfire in the low rpms and when I sink the gas pedal to accelerate. it cleared up for the most part because I drove it through 20 miles of canyon but this morning its back. The guy said the car had not been driven in almost a year. What do you guys suspect the problem might be. The PCV system is good because I unscrewed the oil cap and it didnt bounce what so ever. Could it be a clogged injector? The plugs are clean and I doubt its the wires because after it builds revs it goes away.

·
··
4,227 Posts
Bad gas maybe?
Fill the tank halfway
Add some fuel injector cleaner as directed
Slosh and mix it up by driving and turning
Drive normally and it could clear up

Worth a shot.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bad gas maybe?
Fill the tank halfway
Add some fuel injector cleaner as directed
Slosh and mix it up by driving and turning
Drive normally and it could clear up

Worth a shot.
plugs :blaugh:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you got it sorted, enjoy. :)
im hoping someone can help me. I have done this before on my vw but i degreased the motor and hosed it down thinking that the seals on the spark plug cables will hold out water. Well long behold... water got in there. I didnt find out until i drove it home and it did indeed drive without issues. I pulled them out because I could hear the water boiling in there and put a hair dryer over each one for several minutes. i also sprayed brake cleaner on the inside. It still idles kinda rough but revs fine on all 4. Will this go away?

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
yeah, it will go away. Try sticking some paper towel down the spark plug wells. A LITTLE bit of WD-40 on the wires, too.

I was going to recommend new plug wires to go with your plugs.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, it will go away. Try sticking some paper towel down the spark plug wells. A LITTLE bit of WD-40 on the wires, too.

I was going to recommend new plug wires to go with your plugs.
by plugs i meant the wires, that is what I replaced after verifying that, that was my problem with a friends miata. the actual spark plugs are really clean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts