·
Registered
98 Posts
thats a badass conversion.....

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a waste of a good Porsche. I dunno, I thought the Eunos Roadster was a sports car. Seems I'm wrong in that thinking.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What a waste of a good Porsche. I dunno, I thought the Eunos Roadster was a sports car. Seems I'm wrong in that thinking.
I heard the 928 trucks had something to do with avoiding a high vehicle tax in Europe.

As for the miata's, what's wrong w/ a little body creativity? Probably has no impact on the driving dynamics...with the exception of the 4x4's of course!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Found some background on the Porsche

"The story behind the 928 Truck is the Danish car taxes. When you buy a car in Denmark you pay for three cars, but you only get one. Yes, we have 205% tax on cars. The rules are different for commercial vehicles. Pickup trucks and vans are commercial vehicles, but a 928 rebuild to a pickup is also considered to be a commercial vehicle. That means that you get a funny looking 928, but with the power and feeling of a 928 for less than half price. I actually think that it is a great deal. We also have Mercedes S600 pickup
trucks over here!"
If that last one pissed you off, wait till you see this

1 - 20 of 37 Posts