ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Can anyone offer a layman's interpretation of what all the pretty lines mean and how they explain what makes the Ohlins so much better than X brand?

·
Registered
96 Posts
+1 to that

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hmm, I've not looked at that page yet, but the dyno traces I got with my shocks dont look anything like that.
Mine look more like ellipse.
They're not in front of me but I'll see if I can post a pic

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Dave, I understand the technical information you linked to in theory, but not in practice. Are the different color plots showing different clicks on the shock reboung adjustment? I guess if I had dyno plots of a different shock absorber tested on the same machine using the same procedures and other variables were eliminated or corrected for I could compare their performance. But in isolation I don't find this chart very useful without some sort of expert explanation of what is significant or important.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I gotta say, I like this thread alot because it forced me to go look something new up. I have a very basic understanding of these graphs now.

I agree with freedomgli, it would be nice to have another graph of a differn't abosrber to understand the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts