ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Chris will do the work and I will torment Chris.

I never stand around doing nothing :)

but back to the point.

The problem with the Miata's is that there is not much room for an oil cooler. FM did have a good idea with the Twin Cooler but it is over priced plus then you have to add the oil lines and connections (relocation kit and oil line slpitter (?)).

i have oil cooler and relocator, its at bumper near the left tow hook. only problem is it kinda overcools for daily driving on the track its awesome though. I've been meaning to put in an oil thermostat but i've been getting lazy

simon
Have you thought about fabbing up (or getting fabbed) a sheet of thin metal or something to block the airflow for daily driving than taking that off for the track? Just a thought...

-Jeremy
thanks for the advice, but i got lazy and wrapped a towel around it, you can't really see it from the front so its all good. it does its job, but eventually i'll come around to installing the thermostat.

thanks
simon

I was thinking about a kit today... but thought better of if when I realized that I barely put 8-10k on my Protege a year. Being a second and auto-x car I doubt that I'll change the oil in the Miata half that often. If I do get the kit then its only for the extra oil, little bit of cooling and the ability to run a bigger filter. I thought about one that was tapped for oil sensors but I think the drain plug is a better spot for temp and I'll just stick with the stock pressure on the dash.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.