ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did an oil change on my 91 1.6 miata yesterday and i realized that there is ALOT of oil leaking from the top of the back of the motor, is it common fo that just to be a VC gasket or is there a gasket between the head and the ignition?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
You are welcome OP, there is a vast amount of info on this site and other sites.

If you don't know a word we will help, but try to search all of your problems first.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yea I have some slight leaking in the same area and within the next few weeks plan on doing the timing so all of this will be address at the same time. Super excited.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
If you do have a leaky CAS make sure you get it addressed before oil saturates your heater hose and make it burst. Happened over here. :hello kitty:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yea since I am doing the rad at the same time I decided to get all new hoses also. Nothing crazy just oem replacement type stuff but so worth it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thnanks guys, orderd the VC gasket, but what size is the Oring that i need the homie at the parts store was not able to look it up

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
It's a Mazda piece. That was the only place I could find it. It was $5 at my local dealership.

·
Registered
638 Posts
FM also has some sick tools to make a timing belt change waaay easier, wish i knew this before i did mine last week.

http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=121

The cam ninja tool should be patented.. it's freakin epic.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
That is correct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts