ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My miata is leaking oil from behind the back of the head and around where the tranny mounts to the motor, the clutch was replaced about 5k miles ago just before I got it, do you think its my rear main seal or my head gasket??

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Try it again? Perhaps you damaged the o-ring or it isn't seated properly.
Did you replace your valve cover gasket at the same time?
Did you use a gasket sealant at all of the corners of the gasket? I believe there's like 6 places you're supposed to put a dab of gasket sealant.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes, it's likely they'll have it, but I would try your local hardware store first. The problem with most auto parts stores is the way they're trained to help you. First they ask for your make/model/model year and if the answer doesn't pop right up on their computer screen they'll tell you they can't help you. The computer systems they use often have poor cross-referencing capability so you can't just ask them for an 1/8? ? 1 ½? x 1 3/4? o-ring because they'll look at you cross-eyed and ask you again for the make/model/model year. At least if you go to the hardware store you can go to the plumbing section and find the right o-ring yourself.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Try it again? Perhaps you damaged the o-ring or it isn't seated properly.
Did you replace your valve cover gasket at the same time?
Did you use a gasket sealant at all of the corners of the gasket? I believe there's like 6 places you're supposed to put a dab of gasket sealant.
Yup. Did all that at the same time.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a bunch of gaskets and seals laying around and I have found a bunch of o rings in a little plastic bag.

freedomgli: the o ring i have found is a 1 3/4" ring and is pretty thick. Is that the o ring?

I dont think i have an o ring on the CAS in the first place. Unless it is this black thing that is hard as a rock. If it is how do I get it out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts