ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question

Is it possible to replace the oil pump gasket without removing the oil pan?

Or is the pan bolted into the pump making it a pull the engine/drop sub frame type of job

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Oil pump has a seal that runs along the oil pan...2 bolts thru pan into the pump and 5 bolts on the front..the glitch in removing the pump is the fact that the pickup is bolted to the pump..AND the windage tray, which would require removal of the motor and the pan.the main source of leaks in the front is not the pan..but the front main seal on the crank. I just took apart a 1.6 this past Saturday...so this is pretty fresh in my old mind...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill check it out when i pull my car apart but last time i check there looked to be oil on top of the oil pump right under the water pump. i have a crank seal already but just wanted to know before i go buying seals if this is gonna be an extensive thing or not. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Subscribed, my car has an oil leak in roughly the same area and after replacing the front main seal when I did my timing belt last spring it still leaks from somewhere in the oil pan/pump/PS pump area. Hope you figure it out, pretty sure I'm going to end up pulling my 1.6 to rip shizz off and replace every seal I find. :/

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok its not my oil pump gasket it was my crank seal only. it was spewing oil everywhere and the dirt build up made it look like a leak. on the down side i didnt get to replace the crank seal cause the crank gear was stuck on and my helper broke a bit of it with the pry bar so it ended up going back together with no seal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts