ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here I go. I am looking to rise my oil presure if possible. I have 20 psi at idel and 50 at 5000 rpm. I think this is low and have talked to alot of engine biulders for DSM not Miatas and they say buy a new oil pump and it should fix it. Is this true? I am days from installing my new turbo kit and want everything done right before it is installed. I already have new GATES RACING BELTS( timing belt and both accessory belts)and water pump to do so this would be easy as seeing all the front will already be off the car. Also does the pump come with new inner and outer gears?

·
Registered
459 Posts
i think that is probably the easiest thing for anyone to tell someone. he's good with dsm' not miata's right? did he follow the recommendation with an explanation?

i think 20psi at idle is rather normal. i dunno...check others that have turbocharged miata's and see if oil pump was ever an issue...maybe they only switched to a lil heavier oil or what not to prevent heat cook-off.
that outta rise press some.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well stock lists for 25 to 60 psi so i am thinking it is low. The reason I know they are good with DSM's is I have one and they are the shop I go to for info with my installs and ideas for more power. Yes, the gears may not meet recommended specs and this would drop the oil presure. Well to measure it I have to remove it, so this is why I am asking before I tear the whole front of the engine off to find out it is still good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts