ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I read "Boundary Engineering" over at MT.net all the time regarding oil pump gears. Either that, or shimming the stock oil pump.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I'd go boundary personally. You can hit them up with your engine specs and goals and they'll point you to the right one.

http://boundaryengineering.com/drupal/node/7

Toda also makes stronger gears, but at $50 just for gears they are much more expensive. From boundary you can get the full on race high flow pump for ~550

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some research on the boundary pumps, found out they are having issues with their pumps failing. Also was told by another member, that they start with the china made housings and just hone them out. But then have quality and fitment issues. Can anyone deny or confirm this?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
MT.net, CR does not do much for information.

·
Supporting Member
970 Posts
I've heard that to. When I was looking for one for my boost build I decided to to with an oem nb8b. They have slightly larger gears and unless ur revving above 7500 that's more then enough. They are $250 brand new from Bill at Miata Roadster

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I've read about shimming the oil pump. Exactly how much, I don't know, don't want to misdirect you.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
never had any problems with BE oil pump. Never, never, zero nada but the Adaptronic piece of **** computer that I got from Travis never work and getting in contact with him was a mission plus it took me over a month to get mine.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
yeah thats what Boundary does to increase PSI.
Ive always wondered why factory supposedly has a limitation of 60psi warm (there is a relief valve supposedly). 60 psi on my other car might be considered low... but maybe it has to do with engine clearances?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts