ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it's a couple of them. I bumped up my timing last week and my Mata has been running great. Well, I took her out on some back roads for a bit of flogging and some spirited runs. Well, I ran into a problem eventually. I noticed if I came around a corner a little too hot, the car would stall :shock: Well, I bump started it a couple of times while still rolling, but then it would idle real rough and RPM's wouldn't climb past about 1250????? Well, I figured I was running into a fuel cut, but that didn't seem right since these little things are run pretty rough through testing. Anyone have this problem? I'm going to change the fuel filter sometime this week, but I also cleaned out my MAS, could I have damaged something in there? I also cleaned my throttle body after words, and now the car seems like it's struggling to get moving :cry: I'll probably end up pulling everything off on the intake side to make sure it's all flowing and cleaned up, and possibly port match the manifold while it's off. My check engine light has come on now and I hope I didn't mess my baby up at all. :( Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
check your intake for ANY source of air leaks...with some brake cleaner. and NO! do not use carb cleaner on your MAF/MAS! that can mess it up and cause that problems. see thats why i hate manufacturers that use these kinda **** and not just a MAP sensor. u may have a vacuum leak somewhere, or the sensor itself.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and cleaning the mas.??? wtf where u thinkin if its with soap and water... u can have water stuck in there and just use a lil bit of rubbing alcohol and hope it clears out thru tme.
Not soap and water, just a little carb cleaner on the small air temp sensor and then a quick blast with compressed air to quickly dry it, wasn't gonna go crazy with it having a flapper valve in there. I was cleaning the outside mainly, I should have been more clear #-o

I checked it out a little last night, calmly, I listened and I couldn't hear the fuel pump running for a second like before. My car will crank and crank, I can spray a little carb cleaner in the intake while cranking and it'll sputter for a second, so I know it's not getting fuel :cry: I rechecked all the hoses and everything is where it should be. I'm just puzzled as to how I might have burned out the fuel pump with the gas tank being full? I'm going to replace the relays and all the fuses tonight and see if anything happens, if not I'm going to order a pump tomorrow morning.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dammit!! #-o

Well, it was partially the relay. I went to buy one from my buddy and he tested mine for me, it was sticking and a little discolored, so I'll buy a replacement anyway :roll: I did hear the fuel pump kick on last night, but I'm still going to change the filter this weekend, along with all the oils, also check the fuel pump to see if it's still operating like it should. Wish me luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts