ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well picked up the car yesterday.. and it has Borbet Type H wheels... According to the miata wheel weight thingybopper they weigh 21 pounds. My jaw dropped when i read this... This is getting replaced ASAP!!!... well when i get the fundage, and choose a set of replacments. I'm thinking either chrome or silver Chapparrals or panasports.

Attachments

·
Banned
445 Posts
thats a common problem with german wheels. they produce them not in seight of weights, only the look. so many golf-gti-kiddies want wide wide wheels, they have no interest in weight

you have to have luck if you ask a wheel manufacturer of the weight, if you get an answer :(

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
The trade off with lightweightness is loss of strength. Unless you pay big money. Borbets are a mass market wheel, with a mass market price. I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist though; couple of pounds heavier than the Mazda-approved steel wheel. No big deal. Panasports and Chapperrals aren't particularly light. Panasports are expensive as well. Better to track down a used set of factory wheels (I recommend the NB 15" wheels; can be had cheaply, and nearly as light as the factory 15" BBS). Then do the research and save for a decent wheel. You can probably recover some of your costs by seling on the Borbets. Someone will want them, and they'll fit a wide range of cars.

Rspeed have some:
http://rspeed.net/product_info.php?cPath=1_96_110&products_id=3523

12lbs each, made by Enkei, look good on any '5. Strikes me as a bargain. You could even get them shot blasted for the shiney look.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also looking at some Motegi Trak Lites. Oh and my new color for wheels is Black. B/W theme now. :)

-Jeremy

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
nice rims. id go for em. how much do the traklites way? btw black is the best color for rims imo

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what i have seen the motegi's weigh 10 lbs. for the 15 inch.. and 14 lbs. for the 17 inch wheel.

-Jeremy

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
ya borbet wheels are definitely portly, also those trak lites would look great on your car in my opinion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts