ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went out for a walk in the rain here in central Edinburgh to get away from my dask for a bit and found a .......

:shock: :shock: :shock: PORSCHE CARRERA GT :shock: :shock: :shock:

parked outside a seafood restaurant

... amazing , I stood staring at it for about 10 minutes like a demented kid !!!

·
Mufasa in Training
31,053 Posts
Have to see one up close. Meanwhile, my uncle's 2006 Boxster--the first Porsche I've ever sat in besides an 80's 911--is pretty dang awesome!

·
Registered
71 Posts
yea ive had the opportunity to ride in my uncle's turbo. . .the acceleration in that is just scary. . .but sounds AMAZING in a tunnel. he has since sold that and now has a GT2 which ur going to have to talk to betrayed for any reviews as ive only seen it at the autox

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you think the Turbo has scary acceleration, don't get in the GT2, it's crazy. I was genuinely scared to floor it because it could get sideways so fast. In the TT the AWD keeps you straight. I'm waiting for a friend to pick up a 997TT now that he got rid of the GT2.

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Living in Naples I see LOTS of nice cars. I saw a yellow Carrera GT last week and an Enzo the week before, and there are plenty of Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Bentley's, etc. LOTS of money in Naples, but it seems there are no roadster fans :cry:

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry... i dunno if it tops the mclaren mercedees slr i saw 2 weeks ago. it looked like a big freakin shark when it passed me up!
probably not but these cars are in a pretty exclusive club of being OBSCENELY exspensive !!!

I reckon in order they must be :

bugatti veyron
ferrari enzo
maseratti mc-1 ( cant remember the correct number of this one ! )
slr
carrera gt
konigsigg ( spelling )
pagani zonda

( just including current/recent models )

·
Registered
341 Posts
Those cars are sweet, we have a yellow one that cruises around town sometimes. Would you believe the guy took his to a tint shop?? CRAZY! Well i don't know if he got his windows done. Harleysville may be small and you could drive right through it but you'd be surprised at some of the residents. In fact we had lawyer living in one of the small neighborhoods with Gallardo and this is just an average joe kind of place. And the owner of the local home building company? He drives one of many sports cars. Not very exspensive but he still drives a Prowler around. And the top dogs at our insurance company drive new porsches. A few weeks ago though, I noticed a white Porsche GT2 in town. I guess someone got a new car? lol. But yeah Carrera GT-s are amazing machines . I saw a Ford GT driving on the way to school about 20mins ago lol.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you should have waited for him/her to leave they sound awesome!

i work in south ken so i get to see some great cars from all the yuppies driving past, plus there is a lambourghini show room next door and our other site sells even more exotic cars (i.e the million dollar + catergory)

so far i have seen..

100 X lamboghini
1 X porsche 959
1 X merc SLR
3 X Enzo
100000 X normal ferrari's
1 x Zonda

959 was the best spot i wreckon, rare as a pocket fox

·
Mufasa in Training
31,053 Posts
Anywhere in the LA area is a good place to see exotics. Heck, I saw a $300k Maybach parked between a Protege and a Probe on the street in Manhattan Beach :shock:

·
Registered
38 Posts
In my hotel in chicago, I was watching a guy in a bentley parallel park. He bumped into the range rover behind him. Got out looked at it, didnt care. dealer plates FTW!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm lucky. There's been two times I've gotten to get up close and personal with a Carrera GT, and the first one was at a track day.

When Forza shipped, one of the guys organized a trackday, and got a bunch of people out with cars from the game, plus all of us from the team. 2 of the cars happened to be a GT and an Enzo.

I got to wave both of them by multiple times in my WRX, and while the Enzo sounded great and had the trademark Ferrari wail, the Porsche just sounded incredible each time he bombed past me. Gave me goosebumps each time. It's just this indescribable banshee wail, and though I know I'll never get to own one, it was almost good enough to get to hear one.

Somehow the next one i saw parked indoors wasn't quite as special, comparitively. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts