ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang, i'm on a quest. i've been looking for this for a while with no luck. i'm looking for a set of japanese RE-Amemiya side mirrors for the NA. they are out of production and RE doesn't have any in stock at all. the only pair they have left is on their race car and they won't sell me those, trust me i already asked. is there anyone here with japanese contacts that might be able to help me find possibly a used set floating around japan somewhere? i really want these mirrors for my car. if anyone can help, please let me know.

by the way, if you need to know what they look like, go to page 5 of my cardomain page and i have put up two pics of Amemiya cars with the mirrors.

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I did it because you don't answer my e-mails. Regarding the side mirrors, I saw them on your cardomain site. They are nice, but I have seen better mirrors. Take a look at this and good luck on your quest.

Silver carbon fiber from Zoon Engineering.

and Black

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Here is my lo-cost plan for mirrors.

First these Desmo-style mirrors:

I can get these easily for $30 each, or less, with the options of flat or convex mirror glass. The housings are extremely lightweight aluminium. Or you can get them in satin black, or chrome on brass.

On a 1.8, these will simply bolt onto the door using the redundant 3rd hold used for powermirror wiring.

Then what to do about the 2 tapped mirror holes left. I want this to be an easily reversed modification. Easy option is to get a couple of stainless steel button screws

for a relatively discrete solution.

If the base of the mirror doesn't fit well with the door skin curvature, i figure I can make something up in resin. I could even make metal coloured non-load bearing resin bases for a more complete look, but I reckon the button screws will look neat enough.

The main disadvantage with Desmo mirrors is that the fixing nuts locks the mirror into position, so once they are on, its not easy to re-adjust them. Still, no one else drives my car :lol: .

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eli, bro i don't even have time to blow my nose, otherwise i would have gotten back to you. i've been really busy with my two jobs, the baby and my daughter being in the hospital all last week. now my baby has a cold and its not easy cause he is only 3 months. i only get on the internet when i'm at work and i have to be very discrete about it too. well, if you read this now, PM me your phone number and i'll call you now.

thanks for the pic of those mirrors, but they just aren't my style. those look too retro for me. i need something crazy looking, thats why i liked the Amemiya ones, but they are seeming to be impossible to get.

who knows, i might just have to make my own mirrors.

i currently have the bomex ones, but i don't really like them too much, i bought them because they were really the only thing close to the style i wanted. if i can't find anything, i'm either gonna use the bomex ones or try to custom make something one off.

alex

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Hey I got a set for sale:

.... Just kidding! I wish! Just a pic from my photo hoard

Did you know Amemiya also made a different style mirror:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Alex, have you thought about a using a set of Side mirrors from a Japanese Street bike? I tryed to get the RE-Amemiya mirrors for you last year but had the same roadblock, out of production. However im sure we can find you a set on the used market, you will just have to be patient and wait. I waited 3 years before i found my M2-1001 steering wheel. But one finally popped up.

PS i hope your baby gets better, i know its very stressful when the little one are sick, especially when they are so small, but they have to biuld up an immune system, just like we did. :wink:

Email me whnenver you have time, no rush, im still here, and im still looking for you bro.

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Here is a non-retro mirror from Garage Hundred One:

They are similar to the long discontinued Racing Beat mirrors seen on this car:

I've been looking for those for ages with no success :cry:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those are nice, but still not crazy enough for my tastes. i am looking for something out there, thats why i like the amemiya ones. i've even thought of using rx7 amemiya mirrors, but $700 plus shipping is a little much, so i'm hoping that i'll somehow stumble across a set of used miata amemiya ones someday.

by the way, you mentioned that the car in the pic you posted had racing beat mirrors, but i once asked racing beat over the phone about those mirrors as they have them on another of their cars, and i was told that they didn't make them, but rather they sourced them from some european company.

thanks
alex

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Joey: It's not the Vitaloni mirrors. It is a totally different one-piece mirror sold by Racing Beat a long time back. It's listed in Hyper-Rev #1 and #2 too.

Also- I have a pair of exactly those vitaloni mirrors from the site you quoted. (I still have them on my work bench in fact!). They are designed to be flat-mounted on the fender. If you mount them to the door, there's not enough adjustment for the pass. side mirror. no go... BTDT :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I shoulda known that it's next to impossible for me to know something that you don't know about Miata madness :oops:

:lol:
Joey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts