ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading that the retractor relay or fuse is usually the cause of both headlights not responding but what would cause only my driver side headlight so stop working.

It kinda got stuck half open and my headlight motor light is on in my dash untill I manually moved the headlight to the up or closed position or unplug the motor.

It sounds like it wants to move but its whining, bad motor or what?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mhmmm. Can I switch my 2 relays around to see if the other headlight stops working or does it not work like that?

Any ways of being sure what my problem is?

·
Super Moderator
2,803 Posts
lazy eye? In all seriousness, look and see if you can switch any of the existing parts from one side to the other to diagnose the problem. You want to be sure before you blow money. Try switching relays if you can, pull fuses to maybe reset it, check for broken or bent linkages, and switch motors if possible. All of this should help you diagnose the problem and its free!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot!
If it helps to diagnose the problem, when I spin the red knob on the motor to manually move the light, it no longer kicks back at me.

I will try pulling the fuse and switching the relays tomorrow.

Just in case, Where can I buy a new relay or motor?

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
The arm could have fallen off, that sounds like the most plausible situation because the lights are not individually controlled by separate relays but rather operate as one circuit. The arms have been known to fall off in the past because the clip that holds in the ball can wear out just like mine has.

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
Then the motor is dead or a fault in the part of the circuit for that headlight. I'm telling you the headlight circuit does not have individual relays for each headlight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I found that out today, also I got the headlight to move for a lil by messing with the wires but now nothing again. I can hear the motor wanting to move.

Where can I buy a new or used motor?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts