ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear driver side is lower than my rear passenger side by about 1/4" to 1/2"-

I've heard of other people with this same problem.

Does anyone know what could be causing it? Bushings?

plz help

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It can be sometimes be tough to get perfectly even ride height and corner balance without adjustable coilovers where the shock length and spring pre-load can be adjusted independently of one another courtesy of fully-threaded shock bodies and adjustable perches. Unless you have these two things or are willing to mess around with custom suspension spacers, specially matched springs, etc. your right height will be whatever it is. That is assuming there is not some underlying problem like mismatched wheels/tires, frame or suspension damage, etc.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
is it in the front?

mine sits level despite my best efforts to pretzel it.

i wouldn't worry about it. tho, i do wonder about the driver's side swaybar being difficult to connect on your car.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-well thanks guys. seems that some of you have had the same problem. i'd like to rule frame damage out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have it too, back left rear sits slightly higher than the rest of the car. When I got it I was told to do a search on m.net for miata lean. Apparently its not uncommon. My mechanic confirmed I had no frame damage and couldnt figure it out. Seems coilovers are the only way to balance it.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I don't know if all of you already know this or not, but when you put the coilovers in the car, you need to tighten all your bolts with the car sitting on all 4 tires, ie. don't tighten the suspension bolts on the jackstands.

If you already tightened the suspension bolts on the jackstand, loosen all of them and retighten them while the car is sitting on its wheels. Use 4 bricks or blocks or the best is 4 other wheels to put the car onto so you can get under there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Make friends with those of the community that are slightly larger than you and take them for a ride all the time, possibly car pool!!! No one will notice!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I made a 1/4" spacer out of a plastic cutting board to raise the right rear. There within 1/8" of each other now. FCM also sells spacers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts