ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on Big Willow. Is anyone going to be there? I'll be there in my RX 7.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FB's rule!

If only they didn't sound like absolute sh*t :lol:
Yes, not the most pleasing exhaust note but not bad throught 2 1/2 in. straingt pipe. They can get a bit annoying when we're in a a large group (10+). I'd be in a Spec Miata, but they are a little crampt for my size w/ my helmet on.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I love your rx-7... dunno why but the older ones just have a nice look!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Where do you get info on this and how are these days normally scheduled? RX7's make a hell of a rally car too. Love the balanced look and wicked sound.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
go to willow spring's website. they have a schedule of who is renting the tracks. often with hyper links to thier websites for registration.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't forget about the Buttonwillow site also. For people that haven't ever been to a track I suggest that you start on Buttonwillow as opposed to Willow Springs. Just an easier (more flat) track to start on.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
yeah. of the 3 tho, I'd actually suggest streets of willow over anything else. slower speeds. more technical.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, good starter track also. I just can't stand it cause it's too slow for me and my car lacks torque so it's a pain.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I actually like streets more than big willow in lower hp cars like the miata. Things don't happen fast enough on the big track to really get into it. I've always seen the big track as a testimate to more how big your balls are than your true driving skills. How fast you are willing to enter turn 9 dictates a lot of your lap time...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just called the WSIR office today just to make sure everything was all set to go and it turns out Lexus had bought the first half of the day. So instead I'll be heading out to BRP. Anyone going to that open test day? lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, I didn't see anyone there... :cry: It's understandable since the highest temp. I saw was 113 degrees... It was intence. At least I didn't have anywhere near any issues with over heating.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts