ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'v been looking at a few difgferent systems and I just wanted to get you guys input.

Jackson Racing- Anyone have experence with this system? I kinda want to stay away since I'm not happy with the quality of their CAI. But I can get it pretty cheap so if it sounds good, makes decent hp (I'm not expecting a rocketship) and isn't assembled by 2nd graders then I'll think about it.

APEXi N1 Evolution- How about this set-up? I'd really like to get this system because I've heard it and seen the quality. Does anyone have any complaints? Not to mention it's not as common like the stuff from Moss.

Thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't have very good pics on their site. I don't even think they are of the Miata system for that matter. But, here are the 3 off their site.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
The Miata one doesn't look anything like that. In fact the Miata one looks like a conventional catback. Except the muffler part is a small round N1 can, and then there is a regular looking 90 degree (more like 110 degree) bent piping leading to the tip.

You can insert the silencer tailpiece into the tip.

If you search on the dot net you can probably find some pictures of this Apexi N1.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that those weren't pics of the actual Miata system. Does anyone have experence with or opinion on either system?

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Nothing out there besides probably OBX is worth the money people want for an exhaust (IMO).... So I had a custom one made at a local shop with a flowmaster for $200... Sounds great...

·
3,542 Posts
I can vouch for the quality of Apexi exhausts. I have nothing but praises for my Apexi Super Megaphone catback. EDIT: Damn jet lag! I have a HKS Super Drager on the car LOL. But I've held a Super Megaphone, and examined the welds, top notch! :roll:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, yea please post a sound clip and some pics.

M

·
0 Posts
What about brands like FM, RB, Borla? Too commonplace? Not loud enough? The fit, material, and build quality will be as good as it gets.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The build quality on my Pit Clue exhaust appears "nicer" than my new RB exhaust. The only pretty welds on my RB exhaust are the machine welds on the ends caps of the rear muffler. The welds around the hangers, flanges, and resonator weren't that impressive which is in contrast to my RB header which is welded up very nicely.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
mmm..not had first hand experience myself but I have heard and seen from others that the borla system (at least the dual tip) has some fitament issues, like one tip sticking out farther than the other and at a slightly different angle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts