ClubRoadster.net banner

Wich wing might look good with the rest of the car??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so to go with the rest of my crazy ass car, im looking into getting a wing. I know its not completely functional, but i have the 01+ LS big side skirts, the GV nose and i just think the back needs something to go with the rest of the aggressiveness. So i have looked all over the place for something i like and thats a little different then the typical ricer GT wing... here is what i have found.

1) This is the one im liking so far. Its got a nice style wing and the sides are cool and different.

2) Tis one has a cool "flare" on the trailing edge of the wing which i like, the uprights are not typical of most others and the sides are on the small side.

3) I like this one because it sits low and far back.

4)another one that sits low and far back

·
Registered
369 Posts
I put a wing like #1 on my car for a couple of test pics, it didnt look that bad.

It was a huge wing that came off of a stealth or something that my buddy had, so a smaller one like that would like much better.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
It's my opinion, so it's only worth 2 cents...

Whenever I consider a wing for the Miata, I think about how many AC Cobras out there have wings. Lots of AC Cobras have rollbars, and look right despite not being "filled out" on the rear. If you have a rollbar, I wouldn't get a wing. The rollbar gives the car enough rear visual weight.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
After looking and the type of style you like (not my style :) ) I would have to pic # 3.

·
Registered
189 Posts
the other option would be to work with some one that can make you a functional wing. I know one of the guys at Stealth Composites and they made me a rockin wing that was functional and didn't weigh more than a pound. They may be able to use a mold that they have on hand to keep the price down

Stealth Composites Inc.
3 N. Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA 19106
(215) 919-7584

Racecar components for ALMS, Grand-Am, IRL, CART (wings, body parts, etc.). Rubber moldmaking, resin infusion, RTM, RIM molding. Prepreg and vacuum bag wet layups. Oven and autoclave curing, custom architectural fiberglass, metal/composite mold design and CNC fabrication; prototyping, small/medium runs.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only 'wing' I would consider is the duck-tail style one that Freedomgli has.
i had the factory ducktail, but i know it wouldnt look right with the rest of the car... cant have a subtile wing on a crazy car :(

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Number one its the most 'riceiest?' (is that a word), to me. I voted number 2 but 3 would work too. 4 is nasty looking.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Having seen your car in person at MATG, I'd say go with number 2. I personally like it. I've seen a miata w/ the Bomex "bomber" body kit and the whale tail style rear spoiler, it looks like butt, in my opinion. I know you actually drift your miata, so I'd say rock number 2. Look at Road&Ster and Miata's on track w/ GT style wings will grow on you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like 3 or 4, I never thought that GT type wings that are in the air looked right on a Miata. They just don't seem to match the Miata.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts