ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the story...I got a KILLER deal on some gt orange rota slipstreams (15x7.5) a few years back and had to sell them because of $$$ issues.

well they are rare as unicorn **** apparently...so I'm looking for a a good looking orange wheel that is reasonably light (under 15lbs).

What's out there now anyway? Any ideas short of just painting something?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts

Orange pearl on my 15x9s.

My vote is custom. Chances are anything you find OTS is going to be a cheesy ass wheel. Custom paint, powder, or even rattle canning is pretty cheap.

Some of those new Wats replicas from Rota would look killer in a bright orange pearl.

·
Deez Nuts
1,596 Posts
^Sick

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I can't remember wtf the wats replica looks like LOL :)

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Wats = watanabe replica, rota rkr.

I also think the grid-v would look awesome in a orange pearl powder.

Xxrs newest offerings could look too. Either the ccw rep or the 5 spoke fake multi piece.

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I've already done the slipstreams...and I had a set of the Konig wideopen's for about 5 months...they are ehhhh....the quality is crap IMO...soft lip that wrinkled from the tire mounting...

I like the Kosei K1-TS but it's a backup at 15x7.

The Grid V is intriguing but I'd like a 20 or 15mm offset...I have been wanting a set of the V2's for a while in white but may go for a Grid V or similar in a 15x8 0 offset...maybe some 195 595RSRs...I dunno...

Gotta see if this deal on some TRM wheels works out too...

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ I greatly appreciate the offer but I have never cared for the looks. :( Great wheel from a function point of view.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
18Racing has them listed in both 15x7.5 or 15x8 and in the pics of "available colors" is your orange.

It's not in the drop bar for ordering, but they have a section for "not listed". If you get in contact with them I'm sure they can get you them in orange :)

good luck!

http://www.18racing.com/wheel_slipstream.html

EDIT: actually the 15x7.5 has GT orange listed! there you go

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly...but there are 0 sets in the US...and I think they only way they will make more is with a run of 10 sets....Ideally a set of the 15x8 in a 20-40 offset would be nice...but I'd have to wait months to get them :(

PS - my avitar is my car on my old 15x75. GT Orange slipstreams I had back in 08 when I joined CR.net ;)

18Racing has them listed in both 15x7.5 or 15x8 and in the pics of "available colors" is your orange.

It's not in the drop bar for ordering, but they have a section for "not listed". If you get in contact with them I'm sure they can get you them in orange :)

good luck!

http://www.18racing.com/wheel_slipstream.html

EDIT: actually the 15x7.5 has GT orange listed! there you go

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
15x9 et 36 Rita k7 in a nice orange would be pretty nice too. Useable, wide, and orange what more could you want?

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'd like it for street use...I've got a set of 9s now with 225s...but I'd prefer a 195 or a 205 on an 8 again. If the Apache II was cheaper or lighter I'd just run those in silver...but it's heavy as **** and expensive :(

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
205/50/15/ fit an x9 given the right tire with some stretch. On my picture above I have 205/50/15 kuhmo XS on the 15x9 6ul. It doesn't look too bad, I'm not a huge fan of stretched wheels and I can deal with it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Exactly...but there are 0 sets in the US...and I think they only way they will make more is with a run of 10 sets....Ideally a set of the 15x8 in a 20-40 offset would be nice...but I'd have to wait months to get them :(
I'm not sure what you mean about 0 sets. They have the 15x7.5 +20 in 4x100 available in GT Orange in the drop down menu.. Unless you meant just the 8's? The 8's might take some time, but 7.5 is not bad at all for 195/50 205/50 215/45 225/45 :D

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
18racing (and 90% of all rota dealers) list colors that have been made or have been ordered in before.

Here's what the rota USA warehouse has in stock - http://rotawheel.com/AVAILABILITY.htm

So unless 18racing has a set in stock in their warehouse then its not there :(

I'll call them monday...but I don't have high hopes.

I'm not sure what you mean about 0 sets. They have the 15x7.5 +20 in 4x100 available in GT Orange in the drop down menu.. Unless you meant just the 8's? The 8's might take some time, but 7.5 is not bad at all for 195/50 205/50 215/45 225/45 :D

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'll need it...I was quite bummed when 18racing told me that they can only really get about 25% of the colors listed on their site....

I may just have a set of TRM 15x9s painted...I should be getting a decent deal on a 2nd set. I'll have to do a 205/50-15 stretch or something else...not sure what yet...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts