ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys Here it is I was able to talk to Rolo and we are thinking of setting up a dyno day for us Orlando Roadster Members here At CFT. Preferably will be a Sunday. Normally dyno is 60 bucks but i was able to make is $35 for car for two pulls. I'm gonna need at least a minimum of 12 cars to sign up and we will make it a nice bbq and what not for us.
Send me message for more info. I still havent figured out a date, Thats up to you guys.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 18th is their only available date for now it was going to be sooner but they have gator nationals

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CFT is central Florida Turbo They have been around for a while now. They are located on Goldenrod right next to 408. This dyno day bbq will start at 830am. Hope to see more miata guys out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mx03tb, I went to see my engine builder today and mentioned CFT and didn't get the response I had expected. I was told CFT has destroyed several engines in their tuning process. They do not have the expertise in tuning you would expect from looking at their website.

My engine builder said he has seen several destroyed engines come his way which were being tuned by CFT apparently.

I haven't done any more homework on CFT such as looking for reviews on the internet concerning their work to verify the negative comments by my engine builder but I just wanted to mention to you and the other Miata owners what I was told. I would not want any of you to suffer from bad service/tuning if I had heard something negative about the establishment.

I will continue my research and try to verify my engine builder's comments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, that didn't take long.

Here's some interesting links I've found so far:
http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/auto-repair-and-service/central-florida-turbo-in-orlando-fl-210137947#

Here's links in their favor:
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Central-Florida-Turbo-Shop-sp265319

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/turbo-kit-feedback-shop-and-product-reviews/central-florida-turbo/

Here's another positive dialog: http://www.floridacarclub.com/showthread.php?t=2269

Let me find out more from my engine builder. He mentioned that they screwed up his Acura with a AEM setup.

·
Registered
169 Posts
what shop in orlando doesn't have some horror story about it?

i've heard more good than bad about CFT, although i've never been there i know a couple people who have had their car tuned by them.

plus it's just a dyno day, i don't think any car is going to get fucked up as a result of something they do if all they are going to be doing is dynoing cars.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I haven't heard any stories about them setting cars on fire, but I can't say the same for XAT Racing. As long as there's no tuning going on, I don't see the harm in using their dyno to see what your car puts down. I'll be watching the dyno-cam as I won't be able to make it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My God, to see you all talk about Central Florida Turbo. WOW. My two cents, I won't ever take my car there. I few years ago, CFT ended up splitting up. They where like a speed shop and a dyno/tune shop, but there was a big fight, so it ended up splitting up. They really not that good, and when they tune a car, they go for big HP numbers. As for destroying engines, they just go too wild in the tuning, adding to much boost and not enough fuel, other times, it was just way too much boost. My father's friend who had there cars down there, well the story didn't ended well for them. They were competition for us so we know them pretty well, and they just plain suck and have left a bad reputation in Orlando, and us old locals won't use them.

It you want a really good dyno group, look into Titan Motorsports. They are some major players there, even a twin turbo Lambo lives there. They have top of the line equipment and the tuning is top notch.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My buddy called Titan motorsport to get some pricing on dyno/tune, the guy said to come back when he gets a real car lol
Ya, titan has their heads up their asses. My buddy won't take his mr2 there anymore cuz they even treated him like ****, and they fucked it up. Lol.

·
Registered
903 Posts
my car wont be there. but il stop by since its behind my house lol. and BTW parking lot of cft isnt very nice. if ur low, be careful

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you do need tuning help how about Double D Tuning? They do a lot of high power cars but I'm sure wouldn't mind working on a Miata. Wish I was still in O-town so I could join you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts