ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cool winter months are upon us! We're getting our meet in the first half of the month this time

I have some cool news for the mazda race fans too, see the next post.

:cool: Orlando Roadsters Meet - December 2011
Monday December 12, 2011
Tilted Kilt Orlando - University
11650 UNIVERSITY BLVD.
Orlando, FL, 32817

Start gathering anytime beginning around 630pm.
Orlando Roadsters:
Established in 2002 by a group of young Miata enthusiasts, they used to meet every Monday at the Gators in Waterford Lakes. The Orlando Roadsters today is comprised of roadster enthusiast from in and around the Orlando area and sometimes a few die-hards that trek in from Cocoa, Ocala, Ormond and Melbourne.

We try to get together at least once a month, tradition has us always meet on a Monday evening.

If you have not been out to one our meets it is quite informal, just a simple get-together. Start gathering anytime after 630pm the we typically hang out in the parking till 7 or 7:15pm then head inside for food, depends on the weather and how hungry we are.

No fees, no rules, just an open mind, a positive attitude and a passion for cars, come on out and join us sometime. :cool: Orlando Roadsters

Orlando Roadsters on Facebook

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Received some cool news yesterday I can share.

There will be a Mazda Corral at this years 50th Anniversary Daytona Rolex 24hr Race

Some details are still being worked out, but it looks like this will be a pretty cool attraction for Mazda owners. Here is the info I have available now:

TWO-DAY GRANDSTAND & INFIELD TICKET $45 January 28-29
- Two Day unreserved grandstand & infield ticket with garage access
- Rolex 24 50th Anniversary hat with Mazda Logo*
*To receive the hat, tickets need to be purchased by 01/01/12
- Exclusive Mazda corral parking (location tba)
-Add friday admission for $15
That $45 offer is a 50% savings, because the regular 2-day ticket does not include garage access. And you have reserved parking with other mazda cars.

As I get more information I will update you, and when details are more solid I'll start a thread specifically for this event

++ btw this ticket package should actually be available to purchase already.

·
Registered
691 Posts
says it does. i love the mazda events theyt have there. remeber when we got a lap around the track before the race?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The exclusive mazda ticket offer includes garage access.

the big detail in limbo is the location. I talked with some mazda people today at PRI and we'll be trying really hard to get the corral to be infield.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, looked like a pro. So how did you land that gig?
thank Steve! LOL - right place right time really.

With the all car corral stuff, I've been in communication recently with various Mazda people leading up to and including PRI, so I was fresh in their mind. So when David from GRM declined the offer I was next on the list I guess. :mrgreen:

The Daytona corral looks to be fairly self contained already. The driving force behind it is a guy named Marlon. And he has created a model that has been very successful at many other grand-am events. They tried to make this happen the past couple years, but DIS dropped the ball and it fell apart. I really believe this year will be different in a very good way ;)

·
Sneaky Ninja
950 Posts
Its unfortunate it gets dark so early now.

I will see you guys on the 12th hopefully.
Looking forward to another Tilted Guilt. :p

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hell, if it only 45 bucks, I would be down in buying a ticket., , Kevin and SteveO, wait day did you all go to PRI, I was there Saturday. I seen a Black NA with Drift-Lift on the side, I was wondering if that person is a member here or not.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh BTW, I think the Rolex24 mazda corral package is actually available for purchase already even though all the details are not yet set.

I was at PRI Thursday for the kart races and then all day on Friday.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts