ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know about you, but I cannot believe it is March already. But if that means the temperature will start to hover up around the 70's rather than in the 50's I'm ok with that!
March is always a busy month for the car enthusiast, lets break it down starting with the next Orlando Roadsters monthly meet:

:domo: Orlando Roadsters March Meet:
Monday, March 15th
WingHouse of Winter Park
227 South Semoran Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
Start gathering anytime after 6:00pm.

If you have not been out to one our meets it is quite informal, just a simple get-together. Start gathering anytime after 6:00pm the we typically hang out in the parking lot behind the Winghouse till 7 or 7:15pm then head inside for food (depends on how hungry we are).

:domo: Annual Sebring Pre-Race Exhibition at Classic Mazda East
Friday, March 12
5 to 8 pm
Classic Mazda East, Orlando
See other thread for details: 4th Annual Pre-Race Exhibition
There is talk about heading up to the winghouse following this event.

:domo: 58th Annual Twelve Hours of Sebring
Saturday, March 20
Sebring International Raceway, Sebring FL
Green flag drops at 1030 am​
Several of us from the Orlando Roadsters plan on attending this years race again. Ticket prices are a bit steep IMO ($80) , but if you spring for the infield parking ticket too ($25 per car), all Mazdas can park in the turn 1 Mazda car corral for free. Last year we practically had the place to ourselves.

:domo: 2010 All Florida Miata Meet
Saturday, MAR 27th, 2010
11AM ~ 5PM
Hooters of Lakeland II (Exit 32 off I-4)
3400 US 98 North, Lakeland, FL 33809
!See other thread for details: 27-Mar-2010 All Florida Miata Meet
Those are the big happenings. There are a few other events some of you may be interested in too:

• Saturday, March 6 - Titian Motorsports Grand Opening, open house 10am - 5pm
• Sunday, March 7 - Martin Sports Car Club March autocross event
• Saturday March 20 - Orlando Automotive Club, Cars and Café March Meet. There is a Caravan down to Sebring following the meet.

-Orlando Roadsters
No fees, no rules, just an open mind, a positive attitude and a passion for cars, come on out and join us sometime. :cool:

Orlando Roadsters

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't think the Miata will be attending this months meet as it might be in several pieces :) As she will be getting a fresh new coat of paint, and a few exterior goodies to go along with it!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow a lot going on this month. My wife is going to think I'm having an affair.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Hi guys. I will try to make it to some of these events, but my car is not running right now. I have the engine and tranny out to do some work on the car and engine.

Head gasket replacement (due to age, not overheating - thank God)
Throwout bearing
Misc seals
V8 Roadsters K-member install!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be good to see you again Tim.
I thought you replaced the throwout bearing the last time you had the engine out?
Never considered installing the V8R k-member with a non V8 motor, will be curious to hear the details and how it feels.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I forgot about this, the good news is my NB cranked up tonight after about a month of sitting and everything seems to be working, no fluid leaks. Just have to finsihing wiring up gauges and put on new brakes then bleed the entire system.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Maybe I should have a little tech day for Will's old car, I have a stock intake manifold, and a M45 supercharger to go on it and if there are some poeple on here who have done the install, I like things to go smooth and fast. Takers?

Also does anyone have any NA parts lying around? I'm looking for all the a/c stuff under the hood, and a p/s pump.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
can someone from the orlando club please post up the location where you guys are meeting for the Orlando departure to Lakeland meeting? I have a couple PM's from Orlando members that want to link up with you guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts