ClubRoadster.net banner

361 - 380 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
I got the parcel shelf installed today, starting with a full vacuum of the area below it and the entire car (it had been moved under the mango tree at some point and was full of flowers).

I got my black floors flower free
PF244 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Then, I tossed the panel on to the car. It's interesting how the purple color is only visible in daylight. It won't show under artificial lighting.
PF245 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Finally, I used the last of my golden bolts to fasten the panel
PF246 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

I am happy to report that the extra thickness did not require me to force or mod the panel to fit. It went on as stock. The main difference is that the panel is now more rigid and is really well dampened.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
In went a seat
PF247 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Since Miatas look for any excuse to convert into a rust bucket, I like to grease bolts before putting them back in. Especially ones that go into the floor! That's one way to rust a floor out that I won't be having!
PF248 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Here is the passenger's seat in the car
PF249 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
In order to install the driver's seat, I need a seat rail. To this end, I visited my local junkyard
PF250 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Where I had access to this little car
PF251 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Along with an NB. Neither had an acceptable seat rail, with the NA's having rusted right through the floor. This car must have spent time up north, around salted roads. That, or it was driven into the beach smh lol.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Fortunately, it did have some odds and ends that I needed/wanted. The first and most important was this AC button, which was missing in my car
PF252 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

I also got a door switch (for the interior lights) and a new set of buttons for the pop up lights and hazard (mine probably had loose contacts and didn't work well, plus it was very faded and scratched). The aluminum bar runs from the trunk latch to the key cylinder, but was from the NB and didn't work on my NA.
PF253 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

It's interesting that the button for the hazards is black on the 1.8 cars, I like how it fits my new interior theme
PF254 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Besides that, I started working on restoring my stock steering wheel. I plan to fix all the faded black parts and replace the leather with suede.
PF255 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

I already got the leather off and removed the buttons. Making the wrap is next.
PF256 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

It will be nice to have a suede wheel in the Miata like the one I have in the Camaro. Maybe, one day, my Miata will be this dope
PF257 by Jose Matos, on Flickr

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
So, my Miata is pending polishing and the re-installation of it's trim along with a new windshield and fluids (oil and brakes). Beyond that, I need rails to put the stock driver's seat back in and I want to finish the steering wheel. However, I've been going really slowly. Part of the reason is that I've been smitten by a whole new breed of car...

I took my SS 1LE for an oil change and while I waited in the showroom, I was in the company of this lovely ZL1 1LE. Needless to say, were it not for my plans to buy a house, that oil change would have quickly turned into a trade-in.

1 Front by Jose Matos, on Flickr

2 Side by Jose Matos, on Flickr

3 Back by Jose Matos, on Flickr

No picture can truly convey how awesome and how aggressive this car looks in person. It really made the Z06 next to it look tame by comparison.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
Seeing this color in person made me partially regret my color selection on my 1LE. As much as I love white, this grey is so stunning!

Flow tie
4 Flow Tie by Jose Matos, on Flickr

325 rear tires
5 Rear Wheel by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Mean fitment
6 Fitment by Jose Matos, on Flickr
7 Fenders by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Carbon fiber
8 Carbon by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Price tag
10 Cost by Jose Matos, on Flickr

Don't let that last part fool you though, it would be cake to talk it down to high sixties. I've bent these people's arm before lol. I would totally lose a bunch of money on that trade though and the resulting payments would make dreams of house, wife, and kids wait a few more years... decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·
I rode in one at autocross this past weekend. They are... a handful, for sure. They sound stunning when working the corners, though.

Those things are beautiful, I would wring it out at autocross with no fear lol. I saw a blue one at the last event I went to, but dude drove all slow through the course and then sped through grid smh. When they explained to him how to properly grid, he got mad and left, didn't get his last four runs in. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I go beast mode in my 1LE, two events in and I'm already first in class. I can't wait for the next event. As awesome as that white one looks, I would need mine to be another color or it would feel like I'm still in the same car lol.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,921 Posts
Those things are beautiful, I would wring it out at autocross with no fear lol. I saw a blue one at the last event I went to, but dude drove all slow through the course and then sped through grid smh. When they explained to him how to properly grid, he got mad and left, didn't get his last four runs in. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I go beast mode in my 1LE, two events in and I'm already first in class. I can't wait for the next event. As awesome as that white one looks, I would need mine to be another color or it would feel like I'm still in the same car lol.
It was fairly amusing. He had a hard time handling this one. His last car was... a 2014 ZL1 1LE. In white. Consistency is key.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh, it wasn't about reporting a post. I was asking about how to change the title of my build thread.
I think he ment you should report your own post with a request to change the title so all mods can see it and the first one to read changes it ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
It was fairly amusing. He had a hard time handling this one. His last car was... a 2014 ZL1 1LE. In white. Consistency is key.
There wasn't a 1LE package for the ZL1 back then. Did you mean a ZL1? I love them in white but I feel like my next one will be black or grey. I hesitate on grey only because my truck is grey and I wanted to vary it up. Then again, my Miata is also white lol. Black is a nightmare to clean, but Camaros look so sinister in black!

361 - 380 of 415 Posts