ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've decided ITB's are the way I want to take my car.

The only thing keeping me from ordering them, is I'm a little afraid I'm about to get in over my head. I'm a decent mechanic and do most things myself, but I'd like to ask you guys who have done this before, what am I getting in to? Reliability is my main goal with this set up.

On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the hardest) how would you rate an ITB install? Tune?

Depending on what you guys say and what Fuji-racing says (I asked about engine management for a '99) I'll be ordering mine this weekend.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
i know all of us wouild be willing to help you figure out most anything when it comes to installing some irtbs

mechanical is 3
wiring: 7
Tuning: depends

mechanical part can be knocked out in 2 hours

wiring is tricky since it is all based on what you are using for EMS but you cant chicken out when it comes to cuttiing wires and always double check yourself and remember when reading a pin out chart that its a mirror image.

tuning should be handled by a tuner unless you think you are up for it. just make sure you know what you are doing before you mess with something like that.

anyways i hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
i know all of us wouild be willing to help you figure out most anything when it comes to installing some irtbs

mechanical is 3
wiring: 7
Tuning: depends

mechanical part can be knocked out in 2 hours

wiring is tricky since it is all based on what you are using for EMS but you cant chicken out when it comes to cuttiing wires and always double check yourself and remember when reading a pin out chart that its a mirror image.

tuning should be handled by a tuner unless you think you are up for it. just make sure you know what you are doing before you mess with something like that.

anyways i hope this helps
or get a pnp EMS. Then wiring becomes a 0

BC

·
Registered
186 Posts
Depending on what you guys say and what Fuji-racing says (I asked about engine management for a '99) I'll be ordering mine this weekend.
Please keep us informed on what you end up with. I've got an 00 that I've been holding off on TB's until EM becomes more affordable. Hoping the AEM F/IC will work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got an e-mail back from Jimmy.

He said the piggy back for the NB wont be done for awhile, and when it is done, it wont support things like aftermarket cams ect.

Good news is though, with a stand alone it should be relatively easy to run ITBs + cams, timing...

Now all I need is to find a good EM and Ill be ready to go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
adaptronic mate - I run one and its great :)

Lots of support from the guys on the adaptronic forum too.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: adaptronic

I paid extra for a mate over here to make me a plug and play harness so install yourself no problem.

I am roadtuning it myself - its taking a long time but its worth it :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you run megasquirt and tune w. megatune you'll be supprized! I can't wait to MS my next miata. :)
Gather up all the parts.. do your homework and you'll get it done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ITB are taking a back seat in the plans, pilot bearing going out so since Im in there might as well beef up the clutch and light flywheel.

I WILL have itb before it is all said and done.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
the cost of irtb and ems will cost more than a motor. keep that in mind.

don't blow it up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts