ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just my area that every NA miata is over priced to the max? Im talking about stock ones on craigslist and autotrader and such, some even on other miata forums. Most high mileage 1990-1993 miatas (150k+ miles) are in the 3000-4000 range when they bluebook for <2000. The owners wont budge on price either. Im in the market to buy a miata for a project but geez! i have yet to find one in decent enough condition to pay 3500 for an NA around here. Its starting to drive me crazy

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I saw a 94 near me with 144k miles going for $8,400. I realize prices go up around spring time, but 8400 is f*cking ridiculous for that car. I thought it was a joke, but they're dead serious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its almost making me rethink buying one. And im talking about individual sellers, not stealerships, thats even worse. Most of the time they need paint, slight rust, small oil leak, interior shot, etc from being used 20 years and people wont budge on the price. I have been trying to buy one between kbb retail and kbb private party value but thats impossible. It seems like a better deal to buy a NB then a NA. but i need a NA due to the fact north carolina has emissions

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Yeah, I should have mentioned that was at a small dealership. I also noticed that NA's are "holding their value" better than NB's lately despite what KBB says.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Seems like prices have gone up around 800-1k as of recently (atleast here in Vegas/Cali). I picked mine up last year for 2700 with 111k on it but I think I may have gotten lucky. Speaking of overpriced Miatas, here's one in Las Vegas:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2927796600.html

Baller paint job on it lol

·
Registered
748 Posts
Seriously, what happened to the whole "Miatas are cheap to buy and insure" idea?

I've been seeing high mileage NA's and NB's go for around 8-9 grand, no joke.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess i shoulda got out of the honda game sooner and got into the miata game a year ago. FML

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found one about 5 hours from me that will be worth buying if i can talk him down a couple hundred. i will call tomorrow and see how it goes

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's so true I bought mine almost 3 years ago for 2 grand it would probably cost me double that now but than agian I just bought a NB1 in febuary for 3600 and it was in great condition. So there's a couple of deals out there you just have to wait and keep looking. Good luck and don't give up

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
I blame all the wanna-be drifters who wrecked every 240sx in America for the sudden influx of Miata ownership. I bought my NB for half what I could sell it for today, and I'm not talking about listing it and waiting a few weeks for the right buyer, I'm talking listing it for exactly double what I paid and it would be gone within the hour.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
That's what I'm saying! If someone's gonna ask 17 grand, they better take some damn good pictures of every single inch of the car.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Man after seeing this I feel so lucky. I picked up a mechanically sound 1990 NA for $2,400 with 78K on the clock. The top was shot and the paint was peeling, but mechanically it's doing fine now with 104K on the odo.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
phantom, that sounds like a pretty reasonable price. It seems like a lot of these other NA owners just decide to jack up the price, because of the low mileage/production year ratio and insist that it's a great deal.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts