ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to paint my car. currentily ive got the stock blaze red miata color and im not sure i want to sitck with it. Im going to add on a wisdom body kit and some D1 fenders. im doing all the body work myself and im going to spray it down with primer. Any suggestions on color? or should i stick with the stock red so i dont have to paint the door jams and under the hood?

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if anyone knows where i can get a hard tonneau cover for a 1990 miata for cheap let me know. (must work with roll bars) thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you thought about the RS Aizawa blue. I've been wanting to paint my car off white/cream with orange flares (also HT orange and a few other orange accents).

If you are going to paint it, why not consider something really interesting?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Im a fan of Mazdas Laser Blue paint code (24A)

There is an example of this color over on m.net

-Jeremy

*edit* Or as another thought... have you considered striping it??

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
velocity red X2
went to the paint shop today and the velocity red is an awesome color i must agree but its a 3 stage paint. =$$$ after this the paint man suggested a candy coat it was cheeper and really close to the same thing. still pretty high tho, think he said around 945 for all the paint, reducer, and hardner.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What is light urple!

ok but I'd say Dark Cherry that the new Mazda 6 comes in is really nice or the Brilliant Black like the new NCs have.

·
Registered
104 Posts
velocity red X2
went to the paint shop today and the velocity red is an awesome color i must agree but its a 3 stage paint. =$$$ after this the paint man suggested a candy coat it was cheeper and really close to the same thing. still pretty high tho, think he said around 945 for all the paint, reducer, and hardner.
thats for them to spray it.because the paint and reducers arent priced that high.is that "mazda" paint.because i painted my old car sciont tc blue.the paint only cost $80 for the gallon.it wasint genuine toyoa paint,but the same color and code.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ok heres some random colors that look sweet on other cars....

lexus is250 awd - dont know what the exact color is called but its like army green......

EVO 8 metalic grey....looks sweet as hell on them

the rx-8 artic white

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the suggestions everyone i believe im gonna go with a lava red from a 2006 Mitsubishi Raider its got some metal flake in it that you can see from up close and i believe it will still look okay under the engine bay next to my old miata red color

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts