ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about prices for a paint job?? Say I get NA and I want it "Classic Red"?
Any ideas on a Maaco paint job?? Or is it not worth the time with Maaco??

Any ideas??
Thanks...

·
Registered
20 Posts
From what I've heard, most MAACO places can do a decent job of spraying the car for a reasonable price. Higher quality paint with a base & clear will cost a little more, but its probably worth it.

The main area they'll skimp on is the prep work; so if you want it done right, you will need to remove all the trim yourself. Otherwise, they'll just mask everything and the finished product will suffer.

Also keep in mind that every MAACO shop is an individually owned franchise, so they can vary greatly from shop to shop.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
What is your location? Prices will very from State to State. And i would never recommend Maaco for a paint job unless you plan to just sell the car in a month or so. Their paint jobs just dont last, and the quality of work sucks.(overspray, orangepeel, etc.)

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you live near PA, I know a guy that can do your car for less than a thousand, but thats the cheapest base coat/clear coat professional job you can get really.

But yeah look into the roll on stuff. ^

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a price right now for about $4500.. thats a complete strip with new rubber gaskets and no preprep by me. Its high because I want all the gaskets pulled ect.. Its the only way I'll have a car painted otherwise it looks like chit..

YMMV...

·
Registered
95 Posts
My car is actually going in a paint shop in a week or so get repainted the same color (classic red) and this is a pretty high quality shop in central arkansas and the cost is around 1300-1500 and that is with me going through and fixing some of the dents myself so all they have to do is strip off the trim and such, sand, and start the painting process. And that is with a base then clear coat paint job.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My estimate from maaco was about 2500 with two Stripes, and three subaru colors (Satin White pearl, Obsidian Black something or other, and WR Blue Pearl)... the black and the blue are for the stripes. The white is a tri-coat so thats partially why its a bit much, plus i need a lil body work here and there for rust removal purposes. :)

I got that estimate, but im prlly not gonna go through with it as the club i just joined has a painter that they use. And he can get me House of Kolors paint on the low. So i'll prlly use House of Kolors White, black and blue.

Hope that helped a little
-Jeremy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts