ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working in the DARK end of my garage cause I needed the rear-end in the light part when I was gutting the trunk.. So these pictures didn't come out so great and I didn't really want to set up my tripod for these. You can see the parts that matter, the rest is washed out.

Attachments

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's pretty black, but it doesn't smell burt. It's just an old engine.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I always had regular oil in it as far as I know. (I bought it, drove it to Orlando from Miami changed to synthetic then it sat in my garage.)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen that valve cover to death, man. I like the two lump one more!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you want to rebuild my motor for me?

:(

·
Registered
526 Posts
It's pretty black, but it doesn't smell burt. It's just an old engine.
Mine are all older (and probably higher mileage) and NONE of them have been black inside.. always a nice bronze color, inside the valve cover and the top of the head.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might I add this was a $1300 1996 Miata I bought?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also: 133k+ miles.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, you bought a $1300 paper weight.
It runs.. Just not well! Might I add I drove it home from Miami without checking any of the fluids.

For those of you who missed the story, I was supposed to buy an AMAZING deal on a Miata but I couldn't get it towed back to Orlando in time (it needed some very simple fixes) from Miami. Well, I had $2000 cash and a ride to Miami with no ride back. I HAD to buy a car to get home. I over looked a 1st gen MR2 that was supercharged and a few 86 Corollas.

I ended up buying the worst car out of all of them because it was a Miata. One of the dumber choices in my life. I just HAD to have a damn Miata. :cry:

On top of all this, we left Orlando at 2am on a Friday and I didn't get home till Sunday morning at about 6am. I didn't sleep the whole time, on the way home we got off on the wrong exit in a car I forgot to check the oil in AND hit some raccoon or something trying to find a way back to Orlando throwing my alignment COMPLETELY out of wack... And the only lights that worked were the head lights. I had to keep my cellphone on the dash to see how much gas I had left. The A/C worked though and one of the speakers.

I changed the top, fluids, wheels, and tires and drove it ONE day before getting a ticket for an expired tag (I got my tag for the Miata about a day before my birthday and I forgot to renew it) and breaking a CV joint driving away from the cop. It's been sitting since waiting for a RESURECTION.

There's a reason why I get paid in parts and not money at SU. Expect some big changes soon enough. LIKE A PAINED VALVE COVER! All that being said, I am not some lameo old man like some of you and I have no qualms about ripping this car to shreds while driving it which was the plan anyway.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
no i dont want to rebuild your motor, however i can recommend a few people that can do the work for you, they are both down here in my area though. But they are Miata Specific, just shot me a PM if your seriously interested, and ill get you their info.

PhatMiata

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can rebuild my motor but I was seeing if you wanted to do it.. :)

I spelled the underside of my oil cap and it smells like gasoline in the oil.. Is that a good thing?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts