ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any opinions on this. I'm looking to buy one of these when I'm over in Florida in 3 weeks time. With the favourable exchange rate, this is really cheap for me. Ought to be $300 from Walmart.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have an older model of this camera
dmc-fz20k
the fz series from panny are awesome you wont regret it

have u read any reviews online?

i say get it my friend has a fz as well

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read reviews, and they're all pretty good, but it helps to get a non-Photo techie perspective (because I'm not, just fed up with my existing Pentax which has now decided to go through 1 set of batteries an hour....).

Thanks for helping me make my mind up!

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it use a rechargable battery pack?

Li-Ion or LiMH batts tend to last much longer than their cylindrical coutnerparts. The batteries I have for my D70 last me on average about 3 weeks of about 30-40 pics a day with and without flash. Not to mention powering the various moving parts of an SLR.
Nah, just dodgy AAs. Its something mechanical thats worn. Whatever, I'm sick of bending the battery contacts to get a bit more juice out of the camera. The camera is going into the bin.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who cares about VAT when a crashing doller means £1 buys me $2. And technically, I'd need pay VAT on the camera anyhow, as it will be invoiced for more than £140.

Now what gets me. When Americans come to my country, you don't have to pay VAT on goods. If a shop charges you anyhow, you can claim it back when you leave. When I go to the US, I have to pay Sales tax, and hence subsidise stuff like garbage collection. Doesn't seem very fair that. :evil:

·
Registered
720 Posts
im not a photo buff but the panny makes taking great pics easy

the battery is rechargable and lasts me about ~350 - 400 pics
i think the newer ones get better battery life?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts