ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello CR community,
My name is Parker and I am slowly and I mean slowly building my 1996 miata. I came from a 2002 wrx but it was way too expensive for being so broke, so I sold that and bought my present na8. I've had it for about a year and a half but progression is timely. I now don't live at home anymore :phillyb: but I haven't had a job since last summer hahaha but luckily I have a great summer job at Budweiser so I can build the car some more. Onto the past progression.

The only photo I have of it stock was when I took the car to tahoe for the day!

2011-10-06 16.03.30 by ParkerV, on Flickr

Got a used momo monte carlo wheel and hub. Also a garage star 2 inch extender and techno toy tuning knob that I splatter painted.

2011-12-01 16.09.03 by ParkerV, on Flickr

I then installed some coils, ISC rear tophats, motor mounts+spacers, derlin diff mounts, roll bar, and skid plate.

2011-12-04 09.23.30 - Version 2 by ParkerV, on Flickr

2011-12-05 11.58.12 by ParkerV, on Flickr

2011-12-05 11.57.46 by ParkerV, on Flickr

Modification list:
Interior:
momo monte carlo wheel
no name hub
techno toy tuning nylon white knob
garage star 2 inch shifter extender
stripped interior
Hard dog hard bar

Exterior:
garage star front license plate mount
GV replica lip

Drivetrain:
I.L. competition motor mounts
derlin diff mounts

Wheels & Suspension:
Fortune auto coilovers
OEM BBS 15x6 Tires 195/50

Future mods:
fm frame rails
side skirts

Thanks for viewing my build and I will update with progress! Input is always welcome!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few of the interior for fun.:littlepony:

2012-03-28 15.17.40 by ParkerV, on Flickr

2012-03-28 15.17.14 by ParkerV, on Flickr

Ah the old wheel decision has been lingering on me for quite sometime. I just got my tax return for 800 dollars :mrgreen: Too bad my soft top just took a sh*t on me so I have to get one of those first, so now wheel choices narrowed a bit. I really like the grid v's, xxr 527, v1's, c1's, and 6ul. Money is tight though so price is a huge deal for me now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They seemed like a good buy especially because they are built to rspeed specifications. Other cars brands have loved them: sti, evo, and 240 owners so I decided to try them out. There wonderful as of now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking to purchase a soft top for my car today or tomorrow. (Adam)'s suggestion has them at a good price but shipping is a tad bit expense. Anyone have any other sites that are located near California that they have purchased off of that can provide competitive pricing?

·
Registered
388 Posts
there's some i saw on ebay that are out of cali. what about drag dr54 for wheels? a little less common than those you've mentioned and likely cheaper too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ebay was the right spot just ordered a top shipped to my door for $180! Thanks for the suggestion Chris. I just enjoyed your build thread which is much more exciting than mine lol I do like the drag dr54 in a full polish. Just need to make some more cheddar!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got it used off a member here, so unfortunately I don't have any idea where he picked it up from.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Chase, some members from NCR use the HKB hub from Ebay, they said those are pretty much PnP w/o the SRS resistor. The hub is hella cheap, like $15, I think it's made out of pot metal. Some say don't rely your life on cheap ****, one said he's raced w/it w/o any issues so far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts