ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car around the middle of January of 2012. I found it on Craigslist of all places. The ad was TERRIBLY written so of course I was hesitant. But I went and checked it out anyway as it wasn't that far away from where I live. As soon as he opened the garage I KNEW that I was going to own this car. It was perfect.

So of course I couldn't leave it stock. About 99% of this stuff was purchased the first week I owned the car. Slowly getting stuff in and slowly putting it all together.

The day I picked it up.

21,940 original miles!

TopSpeed Auto exhaust with their 'test pipe'

Shorty antenna

New set of wheels and tires. XXR 002 in matte bronze. Wheels are 15x8 with 0 offset. Tires are 195 45 r15

Set of Raceland (!) coilovers.

Mazda hub, NRG version 2 quick release. Moddiction titanium shift knob.

With a Nardi 360mm. Black suede, black spoke, black stitching.

GarageStar front plate bracket.

Strut brace from Rspeed. Oil and radiator cap from Corksport and Mishimoto radiator hoses.

Currently working on the coilovers as I type this. Then off to get the fenders rolled. Then to put the wheels on finally.

There's a couple small things I know I'm forgetting but this is good for now.

Hope everyone likes it so far!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I remember what I forgot.

Ordered a GV front lip and R package rear lip from RSpeed. That will arrive tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, that is totally unmolested... must of been a pretty penny
$6,500.

A little more that what I wanted to pay. But it's hard to put a price on such low mileage. But I wasn't going to lose the car over a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to feel terrible practically ruining this car when it gets lowered.

Just going to have to be EXTRA careful. More careful then how I usually am. :eek:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm going to feel terrible practically ruining this car when it gets lowered.

Just going to have to be EXTRA careful. More careful then how I usually am. :eek:
Sell to M.net member for $8000, buy slightly worse example, slam, make it rain.

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
:littlepony::hello kitty::littlepony::hello kitty::littlepony::hello kitty::littlepony::hello kitty::littlepony::hello kitty:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Wow, looking at those pictures is like watching a train wreck... Every picture it got worse and worse... Xxr + racelands = clubroadster road to stardom.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahah you got rid of that guys comment!! and i have xxrs on mine too
I didn't delete anyones comment. ???

So. You buy bone stock, mega-clean Miata and ruin it with Ricelands and Sportcracks/Nexens? :door:
Wow, looking at those pictures is like watching a train wreck... Every picture it got worse and worse... Xxr + racelands = clubroadster road to stardom.
Sorry my plans for the car are different than what you would of done.

I'm not the kind of person to just leave it stock and not drive it.

Sure, Raceland's aren't a $2,000 set up that's corner balanced perfectly etc. and the XXR's aren't a set of extremely expensive and extremely light full race wheels. I know FULL well that both of those options aren't the best choice. They give me the look I'm going after and they didn't destroy my bank account. And that works in my book.

Not what I want in this car and in the end it's just another Miata. It just happens to have low mileage.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you're intent on slamming, racelands are okay I guess...

But if you have even the slightest urge to drive the Miata as a Miata, consider "upgrading" to Flyin' Miata coilovers or Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers.

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
didn't destroy my bank account
You spent six thousand five hundred dollars (two thousand over KBB for those of you following along at home) on a two decade old hairdresser car and now you've decided to be smart with your money? I think that ship has sailed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You spent six thousand five hundred dollars (two thousand over KBB for those of you following along at home) on a two decade old hairdresser car and now you've decided to be smart with your money? I think that ship has sailed.

I disagree.

I'll pay money for a nice car. But why pay EXTRA for stuff that will do what I'm going for; for cheaper.

·
Registered
945 Posts
NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

edit: Let's trade cars. Mine has about 200k and you can swap XXR's, RaceLands, and all that onto it. I'll put cash on top!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts