ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 1902 Posts

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
phillyb™'s little white bitch

there's lots of info spread out in this thread.
the gist of **** is here...
1991 miata
96 engine
lots of mods

my miata's at a standstill for now, and i'm pretty sure something new just popped up that needs to be fixed. it's gonna be parked for the winter and i thought i'd make one of these silly threads.

first thing i did upon getting this car from sideshow was new door pulls. it came with none when i got it from steve...well technically it needed a thermostat first, but that was handled the day he and i did the trade.

it needed a new water hose from thermostat to block. little hose. documented this just for documentation's sake. next thing i did was pull the trigger on a hello kitty horn button, nrg quick release in pink and painted my steering wheel spokes silver (not chrome, though i would have liked chrome). my pink aluminum steering wheel bolts sucked and then i got purple titanium

in between doing more thilly interior mods, i polished my fender markers and turn signals, but never got around to doing the headlights or taillights...one of these days.
i didn't like the side hardtop brackets that came with the car; they only had two bolts, so i replaced them with rennenmetal side brackets and got some hardtop security bolts from garagestar. they needed washers.

wanted some engine bay bling in an already tucked engine bay (thanks steve). tetsuyagarage had a beatrush group buy and i promptly pulled the trigger on the beatrush radiator cooling panel

at first i installed delrin mounts from hardpark, but they were too stiff and i replaced them with the poly engine mounts he sells.

back to some interior ****, i got me an nrg brake handle and got my jamesbaroneracing knob powdercoated white

NOW IT'S TIME FOR SOME SUPER GAY! some of you have seen my shift boot, ebrake boot and seatbelt covers

next were the door panels

and last but not least, the steering hub cover

in the midst of making the interior super gay with flowers, i bought revlimiter gauge faces - rossa's, some needle caps, and a kg works cluster.

at one point, my car could barely shift into gear, so the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder were replaced. i also replaced another water hose cause i thought it was clogged. one of my tophat bolts was missing and that was replaced as well.

then i bought some more cool ****!

revlimiter window switch - this is one of the nicest things on the interior of my car. love it!

next up on the list was rs products type 1 black hvac panel with some silver hvac knobs

a new toggle hazard switch

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: phillyb's oil burning miater

my intention was to also get a new fan knob around the same time, but it didn't come until much later. i had to brush it too to make it match a bit more.

last but not least are my 93le speaker covers and roadster side sills

since these pics were taken, i also got in the aerodramatics group buy that phat headed up. i don't have any pics of the handles though...well not even remotely decent pics.

this concludes the interior for now. i hate the radio and dual gauge holder and i'm torn on whether or not i'm gonna boost the car, so who knows what'll happen there.
i will be saving money to have the engine rebuilt. i'm leaning more toward this route instead of buying a new bottom end, cause at least i'll know it's done right and it'll be good to go for a long time.

just recently i hit some pot holes and heard some **** fall off the car. NO CLUE what it was, and i can't find anything missing in the engine bay. but it sounds like there's an awful exhaust leak, so who knows

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts

Wow that interior is flamboyant. Perfect.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Digging the wallpaper. That **** is loud.
lol. i am currently debating finding something a little less flowery and a bit more classy. but that means i'd have to change a BUNCH of ****. btw, i did all that **** with a 5 dollar sewing machine from the salvation army.

Wow that interior is flamboyant. Perfect.
:woolery: spank!

:fp:

Sup Louis.
welcome back tony...how's the na project coming along?

haaa, I think you would like the gauges I made for SarahCJ...they illuminate pink :p
oh fucking SNAP!!!!!

Needs moar Hello Kitty!
currently in the works - reservoir socks made from these

Shits seriously so gay that it's badass.

Loving that tucked engine bay, looks sweet.
hahaha...thanks!
wish i could take credit for the tuck. that was all steve, and he did a damn good job on it. i'm sure he hates seeing this **** done to his car, but whatever...sorry steve. lol

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

before we did the trade, i crawled that thread heavily!
it's come a long way

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

i just cut the purple ones...i think i'ma use that one. we'll see how this actually goes.

1 - 20 of 1902 Posts