ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the S is sweet. I would love a set of J-Line wheels like that for the miata, but they would cost more than the car :D

He has a nice carbon hood, konis and the full exhaust on it. It sounds great running to redline.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
nice pics, neat lookin hood you got.

I have a question about your paint, what method did you use, roller? rattle can? Hows the front/side holding up to rock chips? I have some painting plans...as with anyone I dont want it to chip easy but at the same time I dont want to be spending 2 weeks working on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice pics, neat lookin hood you got.

I have a question about your paint, what method did you use, roller? rattle can? Hows the front/side holding up to rock chips? I have some painting plans...as with anyone I dont want it to chip easy but at the same time I dont want to be spending 2 weeks working on it.

The paint I used is Krylon semi flat rust paint. The cans have a good spray nozzle on them. Better than the usual rattle cans. I got it from the local auto parts store. It has held up well on the front to the rock chips. The love bugs are a different story. If it gets bad I just scuff the paint and respray, but I have only had to do that once in almost two years.
Someone hit my passenger fender in the parkinglot at work this weekend. Took the paint off but did not dent. I just sanded and resprayed. Took 2 minutes to fix.

I hope this helps. I like the semi flat a little better than the regular flat. I get less questions about when I am going to paint it now :D

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I agree, straight up flat paint looks too "dry"

Anyways thanks for the tips, dont worry, Im not doin my whole car so we wont look the same. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts