ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
ya nice picture quality, I can never seem to get that good with my 50 dollar digital
Key to being a good online photographer:

1) Enter Photoshop
2) Put the brightness/contrast way out of wack
3) Add a black border

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya nice picture quality, I can never seem to get that good with my 50 dollar digital
Key to being a good online photographer:

1) Enter Photoshop
2) Put the brightness/contrast way out of wack
3) Add a black border
I only bumped up the contrast slightly some photos and left some untouched. If you shoot photos at a nice bright day and light meter off a medium to high lit area you'll get a nice exposure. I light metered off the black asphalt for these photos.

On the black and white version I kick up the contrast a lot because red looks very flat in black and white mode. I then put a dark feathered black edge around the photo.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Sharp looking car and nice pictures. I like the background. I'm surprised you found a semi-interesting building to pose in front of. The whole nova/dc area is generally devoid of good architecture.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
On the black and white version I kick up the contrast a lot because red looks very flat in black and white mode. I then put a dark feathered black edge around the photo.
Love the car. Not sure I like the vignetting on the grayscale stuff. I would definitely remove the front plate next time, though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't like the pictures, the red looks like it got overexposed and washed out.

You might want to try light metering on other things, or not take pictures in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't like the pictures, the red looks like it got overexposed and washed out.

You might want to try light metering on other things, or not take pictures in direct sunlight.
Not sure if you've seen the 2006 Miata's red, it's very saturated in person and kinda red orange look to it. Some photos were slightly over exposed but I wanted to show the true red color of the car and by slightly over expose it it really shows what the actual color looks like in person.

I've tried light metering on the walls and on the medium shade on the red but it just doesn't give me a true color representation of the red.

There is that golden time of the day (sun rise and sun down) but I believe you can still get compelling lighting in mid afternoon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the car. Not sure I like the vignetting on the grayscale stuff. I would definitely remove the front plate next time, though.
Yeah I didn't have a front plate before but got pulled over. I didn't want to be hassle so I just put it on. The way the earlier 2006 miatas had their plates they had to drill holes in the front bumper so I don't really want to take the plate off and show off the holes either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts