ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could spend days searching on here on top of the hours I have already searched but hopefully some of you would rather be willing to help.
Here is a picture of my car currently. I want to add flared in preperation for a new wheel/tire setup and im not really likeing the look of white flares on a white car.
Thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
if you plan on painting the TSI's and the rocker panels then go with white flares. if youre going to keep the lip, tsi's and rocker panels black then do black flares. im in the same situation as you(white NA with black lip/rocker panels/smoked ts). but i think imma be going with black flares until the get the entire car repainted

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is another picture of the car. i Have feed style sideskirts but they are hard to see in the pics.

and here is the engine bay for fun:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! I just want to run some 225 rs-3's, havent decided on wheels yet but i might still do it without flares but It will have to be a much higher offset wheel

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might go with some 15x8 6uls's with 225/45 hankook rs-3
Any input on color for the wheels. Im thinking all silver or bronze

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
If 225/45/15 rs3s are in you plans you should grab the 15x9s. They've been proven faster by Emilio. They fit under stock body with a bit of a roll. Plus, the rs3 looks like a block on 15x8s. Its section width is wider than the wheel.

If it were my car I'd look at black, or silver. Or some sort of custom paint. Scradly has shown them to look awesome in a dark grey. I think a gunmetal would look awesome.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right now i have 15x8 +15 with 195/50 star specs and they rub in the front under hard cornering and my fenders are rolled flat. So the 15x9 +36 with the 225/45's will rub even more. If my calculations in my head are correct it would poke almost 21mm further. where if I ran the 15x8 i would poke about 9mm further....?

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
Vs 15x8 +15(if myyyy math is correct right now):
15x8 +36 will poke 21mm LESS.
15x9 +36 will poke 8-9mm LESS.

So both will be more sunk than your current wheels.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you are forgetting to factor in that 225's are 30mm wider than my current 195's

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
225/45/15 Rs3 on a 15x9 +36 fits a stock bodied miata just fine. You might need to roll the fenders a bit, but countless many have fitted them. Heck, I have 205/50/15 kuhmo XS on my 15x9 and I didn't even roll my fenders. Bottom line is they'll fit. You can find many examples of them fitting just fine all over this forum, m.net, and miataturbo. Just google 15x9 6ul in google image search. It's almost as popular a fit as 15x8 0et is.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
15x9 6uls with 225 rs-3

They will fit just fine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts