ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Miata related, sorry, but I'm sure plenty of people will have some sort of appreciation for this.

This past weekend, my brother Tim, friend Shawn, and I trekked 8.5 hours to Ocean City, Maryland for the country's 2nd largest VW/Audi gathering....I believe there were in excess of 3,000 cars in attendance!

Found a camping ground 10 minutes from the show, slept friday and saturday night in a tent pitched behind some dunes, maybe 300 feet from the Ocean, talk about an experience!

All in all had a great time, the pics were shot by my brother. I'd put the pics up here, but there are tons of them, so I'll just put up a link to the VWvortex thread.

Enjoy!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2843182

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had 4 Rabbits before I bought a miata. I would kill for a perfect cherry A1 round headlight rabbit shell or a 1st gen scirocco shell to build up a car. Either that or a Euro model 1.6 original Golf GTI with the duck bill front spoiler.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think it's an off shoot from the aircooled fad of sort of semi restoring the structural part of the cars but leaving a weathered appearance to make the car look like a survivor car. Kinda a rat rod mentality.

I think it's cool on the air cooled cars because they are in fact old cars but seeing the late model vw with the hood and trim panel rusted while the rest of the car is perfectly finished is completely retarded.

I don't get the point behind a rusted or wood-grain hood. :shock:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Oh I thaught you were talking about something else. There is a club in MD called H2O...Anyway yea ive been to a few shows in OC. They are usually really good. You should try to make it out to cruzin OC one year. Its insane!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts