ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the SoCalM tech day today in Fullerton. Thank you to the host of the event for providing the work area (the street) and the food. It was all good fun. Here are some pics.

The longest valve cover gasket change in history. Took probably about 5hrs.
Before.

5hrs after.

Tam came to install a lip on his ride. Nice ride.

M

·
0 Posts
ok who made bill cry?
At that particular point, we were having such a good time, but I was suddenly overcome by a sense of sadness for all the members of this forum who posted that they were coming, but apparently met tragic ends on their ways to the event...and also for all the poor souls from the forum who simply live too far away to come to Fullerton, CA.

Please share a moment of JDM silence for...

VtecMX5
90_mx
kissingurami
Max_Power
emmi
socalbreeze
violation
SoCal_Brian

and last but not least...
The Good Feelings Crew

:cry:

You were all in our thoughts as we were enjoying the free BBQ lunch and many icy Cokes and wrenching on cars.

Amen.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
That was really a good tech day. All the SocalM people were really friendly, warm and welcoming. It was really a sad thing that we Club Roadster folks only had a measely showing of 4.

I thought it was kind of funny everyone referred to us as the JDM and aftermarket parts crew/people.

Peter, those pictures are awesome.

And a HUGE thanks to Bill for helping me with my valve cover gasket, valve cover cleaning, CAS seal, and heat shield removal. You do absolutely wonderful, and you put a LOT of heart into it. Awesome work on cleaning my valve cover.

M

·
0 Posts
And a HUGE thanks to Bill for helping me with my valve cover gasket, valve cover cleaning, CAS seal, and heat shield removal. You do absolutely wonderful, and you put a LOT of heart into it. Awesome work on cleaning my valve cover.
I'm verklempt.

Happy to help a friend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That was really a good tech day. All the SocalM people were really friendly, warm and welcoming. It was really a sad thing that we Club Roadster folks only had a measely showing of 4.

I thought it was kind of funny everyone referred to us as the JDM and aftermarket parts crew/people.

Peter, those pictures are awesome.

Heh, I think I started the whole JDM thing. It was in reference to something Bill, the valve cover king, said. While he was cleaning off that valve cover, I asked him if he also did powder coating. He told me, "no, it's not JDM" or something to that effect. When you guys were at the table eating, I sat in the table next to you guys and referred to your table as the JDM table. I thought it was kind of funny and hope you guys didn't think I was trying to insult you.

·
2,708 Posts
Peter, your camera ROCKS!

I had a good time chattin' and workin' with everyone. You guys that didn't show missed out.

here are my pics....

5 hour valve-cover job....

Super-low! I envy that stance, but I don't have enough balls to slam my car like that. And NO, you can't have the gold Rbs!

Gary's NA....

Fuckin' Dope 10AE!

Whats a rotary doing here!!

M

·
0 Posts
What's a rotary doing here!!

That FC belongs to sonique128's cousin Martin. I think he's a lurker here (not sure of his screenname). We're working on converting him into a Roadster owner.

:twisted:

·
3,857 Posts
ok who made bill cry?
At that particular point, we were having such a good time, but I was suddenly overcome by a sense of sadness for all the members of this forum who posted that they were coming, but apparently met tragic ends on their ways to the event...and also for all the poor souls from the forum who simply live too far away to come to Fullerton, CA.

Please share a moment of JDM silence for...

VtecMX5
90_mx
kissingurami
Max_Power
emmi
socalbreeze
violation
SoCal_Brian

and last but not least...
The Good Feelings Crew

You were all in our thoughts as we were enjoying the free BBQ lunch and many icy Cokes and wrenching on cars.

Amen.
If I knew that you would be crying, I would be there Bill :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, pretty sure this is my first post, so hi everyone :p

could the owner (or anyone else) please tell me what the setup for this NA is?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/CE28N/Tech Day 8-05-06/P1014050.jpg

springs/wheels/tires

looks amazing. and you wouldnt happen to know what the height is fron the ground to the front bumper is would you?
(NH laws says it has to be above 16"... and i want a similar setup) (without the lip!)

thanks alot, looked like a great day and so many awesome na's too!

thanks again :D

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts

springs/wheels/tires

looks amazing. and you wouldnt happen to know what the height is fron the ground to the front bumper is would you?
(NH laws says it has to be above 16"... and i want a similar setup) (without the lip!)

tein flex with rota rb 13x8 + 4.

im still sad vrtsid sold them to you and not me.

·
2,708 Posts

springs/wheels/tires

Thats my car, thanks! Like Dicker said, Tein Flex (504f, 332R),yada,yada,ya.

As far as ride height goes, I believe that measure it from the center of the headlights, at least in California.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts