ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I put in some LED's in my taillights and reverselights and ive just gotten around to taking the pictures. The i wouldnt say the brakelights are much brighter then stock but they do light up instantaniously and have a much more modern look to them. The reverse lights are a huge improvement over stock and light up the road 200% better then the old bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Excelente. I still had any timeto get the led's and resistence. Could you post more info, what tipe of led's and resistence, thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm doing a similar mod as soon as the parts get in. I just ordered em yesterday I am replacing my backup lights with 50w Superwhite Xenon bulbs (I'm a fan of overkill) Im replacing the front turn sigs/parking lights with high output 18LED cluster, the brake lights are getting high output 24LED clusters. And the rear turn sigs are getting the same 24 LED cluster as the brake lights, but in amber instead of red. I am installing one 3ohm 50w resistor to each side of the car to make sure i dont get the "fast flash" turn sigs.

Oh and to answer AMMendes, you dont need resistors for the brake lights, only the turn sigs.

-Jeremy

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Sweet. They look great in person, too. I saw you flash your reverse lights at me when I was behind you at the traffic light leaving Krispy Kreme. I plan on doing the same mod to my car at some point.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
www.superbrightleds.com

In convinient 1156 and 1157 sizes ;)

You'll need to add some extra resistance to your blinker relay if you want to use them as blinkers, but for brake/reverse lights they work fine. I ran the same set for about 4 years with no problems. Then I forgot to take them out when the tow truck got the old car :lol:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I will post pics of my install once they get here. Provided That7Guy doesnt do so already. I will also post pics of the turn sigs and the 50w reverse lights.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
514 Posts
ok heres mine... excuse the streetlight... you still get the idea

Brakes on All LED's except High mount stop light

Hyper White Reverse bulbs (50w)

Turnsigs "on"... IMO there not as bright as stock... and the light is more focused.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Daytime pics.. like i promised.

Reverse Lights

Brakes and Turns on

·
Registered
674 Posts
which bulbs did you use? the wide angle or narrow angle bulbs?

what about the sidemarkers? will they be brighter if you use the white led bulbs, or if you use the red/ amber bulbs respecitvely?

·
Registered
674 Posts
wouldn't you get the same result if you used the wide angle led's or used a led bulb that had lots of smaller ones (like a 19 led bulb)?

most everything moss sells is over priced. sure it's convenient to send out a free catalog to an unsuspecting new miata owner - that's how they got me! hell, i'm still trying to convince them to give me a new set of tsi's cause the ones i got from them took a **** on me 3 months after i got them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts