ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any actual picture of the supertech 1.6 10:6:1 pistons?

I am trying to identify the pistons in a block I have kicking around now. Every website just has generic stock photos, even supertechs.

The supertech site says their dome is -1cc, which would mean they are almost flat on top but slightly concave. Mine are pretty much flat on top too, but I had always thought these pistons would be domed for the higher compression.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know a few of you have used these in your builds, help a brotha out!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here in our "Around the shop" thread we have a picture of the Supertech 8.8:1 pistons.
Doing a full build for the customer I suggested 10.6:1, he decided against it.

Bottom of the page.
Clicky Here!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay well it is a lot less dished than those 8:8:1s thank you RenownNM.

Stoly the ones in that picture on the 949 page have a huge dome to them. That does not support the technical specs from supertech. I think that's a generic picture. Man I wish you snapped pictures haha. One of them had detonation issues, I can order them individually, but I need to get this confirmed.

For an idea the 8:8:1 are -11cc and the 10:6:1 are -1cc. My guess is that domed one is like a +6cc atleast.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much 90r, I really appreciate it. I have a damaged block with three in there, looks like supertech said they'd hook me up on a replacement. Nothing like saving monies.

Means more money for the head work. :phillyb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts