ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I went to the Falken VIPShowoff in J Town today. It was a bit disappointing mainly because there wasn't enough VIP car. A lots of nice cars, but not enough VIP cars like the title suggests. Anyway, here are some pics, hope you guys like them.

My favorite car at the show.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
trivia: the car w/ the enkei rpf1 was on that show fast inc on mtv. the episode was about looking for drift cars. funny stuff

dude what engine is that orange car running and those wheels and flares are huge on the corolla .

btw most of the cars a bit of the yawn but the old school are simply badass. old rx-3 and ferrari are my fav.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,996 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
wow I had no idea so many people imported Soarers and Leopards into the US.

For my money though, the best >25yo JDM car is the R30 Skyline. The Honda City Turbo II would be cool too!

·
Registered
239 Posts
trivia: the car w/ the enkei rpf1 was on that show fast inc on mtv. the episode was about looking for drift cars. funny stuff

dude what engine is that orange car running and those wheels and flares are huge on the corolla .

btw most of the cars a bit of the yawn but the old school are simply badass. old rx-3 and ferrari are my fav.
you mean the green and orange 86? that's an sr20det in there. the leopard is the ****... i don't really think the enkeis do it justice. some j-lines with a huge lip would look better.

as for the lip and stretched tires... its the look! a lot of vip cars run wheels with offsets that are close to not fitting at all. maximum negative camber, and super stretched tires is the only thing that makes them driveable!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,996 Posts
as for the lip and stretched tires... its the look! a lot of vip cars run wheels with offsets that are close to not fitting at all. maximum negative camber, and super stretched tires is the only thing that makes them driveable!
Two wrongs do not a right make... ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
about the whole stretched tire thing

I posted this on a other forum...here ya go
Im to lazy to type it again :D

This is a big deal on here and people are so against it but dont really understand what the advantages are of it. But since you asked nicely I will divulge:D :p

There are fitment and performance reasons why tires are stretched.

First I will go over the fitment. Stretching a tire stretches the sidewall in away from the fender. This allows to run a wider or more neg offset wheel withouth the tires rubing on the fender. Depending on the setup lets say for example you have wide wheels but with thires they will rub on the fender. U can either run a widebody kit, pull your fenders or run a stretched tire with just a rolled fender.

Now for the performance aspect, A few performance cars come with a stretched tire from the factory like the BMY M3. Running a stretched tire allows for a very predicatble break away point allowing for the car to be more contrallable around a turn. If you get really radical and stretch the tire more you still keep the predicatbility but your threshold of traction is lowered. Thats a big reason why drifters stretch tires.

Another thing that people are commonly mistaken about is contact patch. Lets say you have a 10 inch wide wheel and you run a 245 series tire. If you run a 255-265 tire the effective contact patch has not increased greatly. Because the 245 is stretched over and has a similar contact patch to the other tires.

Other things that I probably failed to mention. But people get on the bandwagon and bash it because they dont understand why its done

1 - 20 of 26 Posts