ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm looking at buying them anytime soon or even that I will but them, but I see pictures of them on the car in daylight but I've looked for a while and haven't seem anyone actually take a picture or a video of them in action. I would like to know to know if the projectors are crap. If so I'll just purchase a kit from the retrofit source and make my own.

So does anyone have a video or picture of the headlights at night

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of them on the road? And are those the moss kit? Or just the projector they use. If its a different kit then does it have the same ballast? Same bulb? That cutoff looks horrible as well.

But thank you for finding this. I looked threw google and didn't see that one.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I am pretty sure I read someone who has the kit complaining that the output is worse than stock. They look cool during the day but why would you have headlights out when its light out?

A kit from TRS would be nice, I loved them in my civic but I feel in a miata if its not an NB it just looks silly. Have you considered getting some Hella E-codes and an 80/100w bulb? I have that setup and the light out put is up there with my TRS kit (Fx-r 55w balast and Philips bulbs) It isn't as pretty as a projector but the cut off and intensity is great for 1/4 the price.

Just to give you other ideas.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it really sort of bugged me how everyone posted pictures of them in the day but you don't see any pictures of them in action.

I know of a guy close to me with them, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to check them out anytime soon. The E codes look cool maybe I'll look into those for now. I hate driving at night on streets with no lights. I don't feel like I can see what's around me as good as I would like to.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Yeah it really sort of bugged me how everyone posted pictures of them in the day but you don't see any pictures of them in action.

I know of a guy close to me with them, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to check them out anytime soon.
I assume that's me? Sorry I could barely say hi today. I worked 10 hours, had my little girl scream at me for a solid 3, and then was up to my elbows in gluing my dash when you and Brian appeared on my doorstep. :? I got to sand and re-glue it right after you left. (If that was you, sorry for not being hospitable.)

One thing in general: Photos of lights mean exactly jack ****. Diddly squat. Less than nothing. Because you can lie with a camera. I can take a pic of my lights and then another pic of yours and make your lights look way way way more awesome than mine. It's all in the exposure.

That said, the Moss lights are pretty damn awesome. Or rather, the Hella H9 projectors are awesome. The Moss buckets are quite nice. Their wiring leaves a lot to be desired but you can easily fix wiring. I have a page about it. http://revlimiter.net/mods/lowpro.php

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
That was just a google image, but I would say my output looks about the same. I have this bulb, but you can't run the H4 bulbs without buying the E-code housings to get rid of the stock sealed beam.

If you want, I can grab you an actual picture of my lights.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh sick. I didn't get a chance to introduce my self. I'm John.
Yeah I don't blame you. Brian Didnt know your number or email or anything so he just said we could go up there and see if you were home.

I would live to see them in person some time. I had my eyes set on projectors but if those E code housing and build make that much light output and have a good cut off with a good price I might just buy those.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I'd love to show them off sometime and actually say hi. Shoot me an email. adam at revlimiter dot net.

Also, the Moss lowpros are rarely on sale, but this is the one time of year you can often catch them. If you spot a sale, I'd jump.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I used to have Cibie e-codes with Osram overwattage bulbs in them. Those were the very best housings (now discontinued) and some of the finest bulbs. And my Hella H9s blow them clean out of the water.

2 headlights will never be as bright as 4. That's just physics. Or rather, optics.

The only better headlamps than the Hella H9s are HIDs. HIDs with a good housing, that is.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Very likely. Go visit some lighting forums. There are some insane guys out there who sleep, eat, and breathe this stuff. You'll learn a ton about different housings. They seem to like to modify various OEM housings (S2k, BMW, etc) to fit other cars.

You can modify the Hella H9 housing to accept an HID bulb. You have to grind the cut off shield down very slightly. I think that's it. Since they now make HID bulbs in all sorts of sizes, you don't have to hack apart the back of the housing to fit a D2S bulb or something.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
In all honesty as much as id LOVE to have a very nice other car friendly cutoff, I am most likely going to eventually make some low profile "lazy eye" DIY headlights when a few friends are bored and I got some spare cash so not really going to mod my currents. They were just to get me by, but I was astonished when I saw those e-code cutoffs since I figured mine were very comparable to e-codes but those blow mine away ha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts