ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm toying with the idea of stripping my tan interior out of my black '94. It's in reasonably good shape, but a recent rollbar install as well as various little bits around the car have it looking just rag-tag enough for me to consider scrapping it all. If your interior is stripped, can you throw up a pic, especially the rear deck area and the footwells?

·
2,708 Posts

Before I painted the panel white.

She doesn't talk back!

I only stripped the back and passenger because of the insanely hot summer we had in Socal this year. I might strip the driver side this spring, still debating because the trannie tunnel gets HOT. If I do, I'll probably put some heat insulation underneath.

·
Registered
189 Posts

exhondaman's car is super clean, lol i wonder how many of us are exhonda, we should start a honda turned mazda club

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That certainly makes me feel a lot better about it. Very clean cars, everyone. Thanks a bunch. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I Have been debating about doing this for awhile. The car is my daily so I dont think its a very good idea. But I sure do love the look, and it would easy as hell to clean.

How loud is it with all the interior taken out ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
my car has alot gutted from it, the trunk too, and no ac,radio,pwr steering,airbags,misc. it pretty lound with stock exhaust, sounds like a full interior with aftermarket exhaust, and there some more road noise. my car is daily driver i dont mind

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
My carpet is trashed. I'm considering leaving the carpet out, but I dont know If I can pull it off like you guys can.... and I'm kinda getting tired of burning my leg on the tunnel...

·
2,708 Posts
I Have been debating about doing this for awhile. The car is my daily so I dont think its a very good idea. But I sure do love the look, and it would easy as hell to clean.

Tires makes more of a difference then anything else. My sumitomos are NOISY. My friend with a stripped prelude on Hankooks RSs is waaaaay more quiet. I hate my tires. Coincidently, its waaay more bearable with the hardtop off. With it up, it acts like a chamber and amplifies every road imperfection and pebble.

With the top off though, the looks of "WTF" from people driving by in trucks and SUVs are priceless. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts

Tires makes more of a difference then anything else. My sumitomos are NOISY. My friend with a stripped prelude on Hankooks RSs is waaaaay more quiet. I hate my tires. Coincidently, its waaay more bearable with the hardtop off. With it up, it acts like a chamber and amplifies every road imperfection and pebble.

With the top off though, the looks of "WTF" from people driving by in trucks and SUVs are priceless. :)
I have azenis 615's for the summer and they are pretty loud. Also I dont wont to burn my legs on the transmision tunnel !

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Stripped interiors FTW!

I don't have pics right now, but my project Miata is being built to fill a dual role in that area. The footwells, seat, rear bulkhead are covered in Rhinoliner material. The parcel shelf is remaining painted. That way I can run the car "fully stripped" without worrying about scuffing things up. However, there is a carpet set that will button in place should I want to go "VIP plush" with the interior.

I'll try to post pics soon.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
There was rhino liner paint covering my old miata floor, and it works rather well and doesnt look to bad either

·
2,708 Posts
I never even thought about rhinolining, the problem I have now is the paint gets scuffed/chipped easily, even with 4 coats of paint and clear coat. Does the rhino spray on smooth or rough like the bedliners?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
pretty sure its rough like a bedliner but durable as hell, and will insulate to a degree, so youre not burning your legs on the tranny tunnel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts