ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I apologize for the terrible lighting. Clay bared, removed swirls, polished,
and sealed today. However, it's raining out. I promise a lot better pictures next time.

Don't mind the tape on the pedals. Waitin for eproxy to fully settle.

Current Mods:

Interior -
Nrg short hub/quick release
Isotta steering wheel 330mm
Isotta pedals, ebrake/leather boot, Shift knob, shfiter extension.
Interior light kit

Suspension-
harddog roll bar
R springs, sway bars
Koni shocks

Wheels, brakes, tires-
sportmax 501 15x8 et15 black
toyo t1r 205 50 15
stock calipers on pbr pads, brembo rotors, ss lines.

body-
bsp low pro lights
r front and rear lip

engine-
k&n cone intake
flyin miata dual exhaust
short shifter

toys on its way.
New springs (heavier rates)
projectors + hids
oem mud flaps
more interior goodies
racing seats + harness

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, i didn't expect a reply so fast.
I will get some better pictures as soon as I can. I am hoping it stops raining tomorrow.
IMHO, these wheels are really bang for the buck. I have had $3000+ wheels on my jetta before, and it was annoying. With these, I can toss the car around and actually have fun with them, since they are so affordable to replace.

Good luck tryin to get them to ship to aussie, im sure sumone is gonna do it for a decent price.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Beautiful stuff man! So I take it you have no rubbing considering the ride height right? Go any lower and be prepared to roll and pull the hell out of those fenders or flare them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot guys.

No rubbing unless turned very hard.

ghetto rolled the fenders front and rear.

i don't think I will be going much lower, tracking the car.

Now, here's a question, how do you guys flare out the fenders? just get a fender roller and a heat gun and keep rolling?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is that last pic of your interior actually that bright? If it is, I'll have to get on eBay and get me that interior light kit...

nice ride by the way!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
aweseome. i'm thinking of getting the 501's as well.. except my fenders arent rolled. did you have the fenders rolled before putting on the tires? will they fit w/o rolling fenders?

i'm on OEM suspension now, but will be installing KONI's soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the interior lights are bright, not picture bright. bright enough to see stuff in the interior, not bright enough to blind you when you drive at night.
I like them.

The 501s are great if you stick with 195 tires I don't think you will rub too much. But rollin the fenders are definitely recommended. I know because i didn't have mine rolled until i got the wheels... and I had to roll them the night I got the wheels.

·
3,857 Posts
I just my 501s yesterday!!!
No pics yet but they look awesome!!!
I put 195/50/15 kumho ATS (400 threadwear :) ) tires and I have no rubbing issues (I have rolled fenders).

Driving with the 195/50/15 khumos vs the usual 215/45/16 Azenis 615RT almost cost me an accident...while on the on ramp of the 405 I was trying to pass an old fart driving a lexus but the tail of the car had another opinion :)
I ended up passing him with reverse lock and at lest 45" angle of drift :)

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
I put 195/50/15 kumho ATS (400 threadwear :) ) tires and I have no rubbing issues (I have rolled fenders).

Driving with the 195/50/15 khumos vs the usual 215/45/16 Azenis 615RT almost cost me an accident...while on the on ramp of the 405 I was trying to pass an old fart driving a lexus but the tail of the car had another opinion :)
What color 501's, and why are you going with a smaller tire? wouldn't the 205 be OK with the roller fenders and the 15 et?

.....the guy in the lexus must have been shitting bricks..lol

·
3,857 Posts

What color 501's, and why are you going with a smaller tire? wouldn't the 205 be OK with the roller fenders and the 15 et?

.....the guy in the lexus must have been *@#%! bricks..lol
I want to have these as drift tires...I guess they can be everyday tires too as long as I'm getting used to the different limits that they have...
I also got scarred because I wasn't expecting it...it's not the best thing to drift in traffic on a wet on ramp #-o
Anyway going back to wheels they are awesome but the paint quality was kind of crap...
For the money and the weight they are the best wheels ever but please don't think too much about the color...it seems that you can achieve similar paint quality with a rattle can :mrgreen:
Again nothing bad but the paint was chipped off at the center cap area...

·
3,857 Posts
Well they been in my car for 30 hours already LOL
Anyway so no need for group buys of the gold limited edition :)
Just go to pep boys and buy a gold spray!

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Well they been in my car for 30 hours already LOL
Anyway so no need for group buys of the gold limited edition :)
Just go to pep boys and buy a gold spray!
Well, I'm only in the GB for the 501 gold if they are the same price. If not then i'll jump ship.

C2auto says sportmax will make them for him special...?

O Yeah....Pics please.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Yes awesome. Finally someone bought these and put pics up online. I requested as well to be added to the Group Buy for 15x8 in gold. All in all looks good man.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts