ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with these? This is something i would really like to do but only if they will last. Also, some of the only ones i have found are the Cusco ones that come out to roughly $2k on japanparts.com. Yikes! Havent checked locally yet though. These look really nice and it seems like you can replace just the actual spherical bearing by taking it out of the housing if it goes bad. I also know about the Biot ones but dont anything beyond the fact they exist. By their website, they look expensive. Anyway, I guess im asking, What are some of the other brands out there, what would they cost (is 2 grand the going rate?), and how well do they hold up to street driving.

Here is a pic the cusco ones:
http://www.bozzperformance.com/cusco_bushing.htm

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well all i could find was the R S Aizawa ones that Rob has but i believe he said those are discontinued. I guess he would be a good person to talk to about longevity.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Longevity depends on the quality of the bearing, whether it is Teflon lined or needs periodic lubrication, how well the bearings are sealed from the elements, and the environment in which the car will be driven (wet/dry, sand, dirt, etc.). I have friends who have dual-purpose street/race cars with adjustable control arms with exposed Teflon lined rod end bearings and they expect to get 15k miles on them. But who knows? They might start to exhibit excessive free play sooner or later. I do know they drive the crap out of them hitting every single pothole and road imperfection but they check the suspension often for signs of wear and/or damage. Will pillowball bearings last longer than HD rubber bushings? Probably not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts