ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i have a set of used tein flex's but they came with the nb mounts. The coilovers are on my 96 miata and was wondering if there was any other types of pillowball mounts for the teins? i always see the mounts in the road&ster magazine where it looks very thick which i think gives it more travel. but other then the tein pb's is there anything else out there?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
hks sells pillowballs for the miata. the tein flex should come with tein pillowball mounts sounds like hte person who sold you them kept them and gave you stockers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my coilovers are from japan... that's why i got the stock nb mounts, also what are those mounts i see on the road&ster magazines where they look very thick? if all comes to worst, i get the teins.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Just run it with the NB mounts. What's the problem? W/ the Flex you can dial in plenty of travel. I don't think you'll have any issue there.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ive been running into issues with the rubber bushing getting chewed up on my nb mounts. I think a pillowball mount is the only solution to that problem...

Ive aligned everything and torqued it to spec and on disassembly the problem is still there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nb mounts are great don't get me wrong but where the pillowball mounts I THINK will benefit for me is when my car is set lower... also when i tighten my suspension it's quite hard to get those rubber peices aligned. everytime i tighten it, they seem to not want to squish evenly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts