ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice step by step. I always liked the NB version because the hood was already done for you. Doing this to the NA makes it look much more smooth but it limits your ability to swap hoods without more custom fabrication.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Nice step by step. I always liked the NB version because the hood was already done for you. Doing this to the NA makes it look much more smooth but it limits your ability to swap hoods without more custom fabrication.
+1

I do like the smoother look as well...almost did it, too. Ended up not doing it for a few reasons:
-Limits ability to swap hoods
-Complex mod that may not be structurally strong (binding differential materials on the hood)
-Mod that's easy to screw up on, difficult to recover if you do.
-Adds weight over not doing it.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
ive never seen it, but does anyone make 240z-like headlights? i think that'd look much smoother than the PitCrew.
Sounds like you'd be interested in the Simpson Italia front end.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
Looks tooo good.

Makes me want that kit.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno, given that the Pit Crew mod of pretty much one-way, as far as some panels go, its not a big step to mod a bonnet. Even if you were afraid to mess your own bonnet up, a pattern bonnet in steel is only £150 or so. Or even frp-mould it.

·
1,213 Posts
wondered how they did that ... the black car from the nostalgic look roadstar site has the same mod ... how do the weld the steel light lids to the alloy hood skin !!?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I dunno, given that the Pit Crew mod of pretty much one-way, as far as some panels go, its not a big step to mod a bonnet.
The PitCrew nose looks like it requires extensive front end modifications but it's really not much more involved than any other front bumper. Fenders are oem, hood is oem. Just remove pop-ups and install PCR.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I wander if an Easy way out is use the PitCrew NB front end and a NB hood?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dunno, given that the Pit Crew mod of pretty much one-way, as far as some panels go, its not a big step to mod a bonnet.
The PitCrew nose looks like it requires extensive front end modifications but it's really not much more involved than any other front bumper. Fenders are oem, hood is oem. Just remove pop-ups and install PCR.
Unless you like fat join lines. Isopon is needed.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yeah, once you've bonded the nose and fenders together you're pretty much committed.

Exactly :wink: That hood mod freaks me out - including bonded fenders with the PCR front - as it stands now, I feel like I am driving around with a glass nose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
There is a Pit Crew nose at one of the sponsors ready to bolt-up. I can even deliver to Ca!
Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts