·
---
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Well that just made my phone blow up.

How much are they? I can't view on my phone.

Edit: Home now and can see the price, please disregard.

·
---
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try contacting them to ask for measurements?
Yes, I gave 425 Motorsport a call today. They say its a "direct bolt in" without any modification, I hope he is right.

Your right, I should have asked for measurements.

Will have more info soon. I have a set coming my way and Planet Miata will be a dealer
Wicked :D

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
I bet they would fit. Only questionable area would be front inside corner against trans tunnel. BFH and you're set.

·
---
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet they would fit. Only questionable area would be front inside corner against trans tunnel. BFH and you're set.
Yep, this is exactly the area im worried about. Front right corner against the tunnel.

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah these clearly look like they fit. The thing is they are going to prop the seat up fairly high from what I see. I would bet that mounting a racing shell on these would amount to a similar seating position to stock.

Looks like a very very easy way to mount side mount brackets though. IMO if you are on the shorter side these would be a perfect.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
So if I were to acquire a free bottom mount seat, would these work?

They seem to have the holes for it, but if I cannot mount it on the ground I dont want to bother.

·
Registered
284 Posts
So if I were to acquire a free bottom mount seat, would these work?

They seem to have the holes for it, but if I cannot mount it on the ground I dont want to bother.
If the holes don't line up in an appropriate position I'm sure you could just attach some flat bar stock to this bracket from mcmaster.com. Keep in mind this will not mount a seat as low as bolting side mount brackets directly to the floor (and removing the rear humps).

·
Registered
748 Posts
I am going to put mine in today. I did have the passenger side in before and it fit great, however you will need a slider or other way of attaching bottom mount seats, side mounts with brackets work perfectly. If anyone is interested I have two sets of their side mount brackets that I cant use.

Ill sub this thread and post pictures when they're installed.

·
retardedly functional
606 Posts
freshjuicebox is running these brackets, maybe he'll chime in here. Or PM always works.
I'm using their universal side mounts, not the full bracket. i did have the driver side bracket but it would have require a little cutting and re-drilling to fit the stock bolt locations. i returned the bracket and just used the oem seat bracket/sliders with the universal planted side mounts.

·
---
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am going to put mine in today. I did have the passenger side in before and it fit great, however you will need a slider or other way of attaching bottom mount seats, side mounts with brackets work perfectly. If anyone is interested I have two sets of their side mount brackets that I cant use.

Ill sub this thread and post pictures when they're installed.
I'm using their universal side mounts, not the full bracket. i did have the driver side bracket but it would have require a little cutting and re-drilling to fit the stock bolt locations. i returned the bracket and just used the oem seat bracket/sliders with the universal planted side mounts.

So driver side doesn't fit but passenger does? :?

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
If the holes don't line up in an appropriate position I'm sure you could just attach some flat bar stock to this bracket from mcmaster.com. Keep in mind this will not mount a seat as low as bolting side mount brackets directly to the floor (and removing the rear humps).
Still lower than attaching sliders then the seat.

·
---
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got it in today! I'll keep you guys informed on fitment

Passed Tech,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts