1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plata o dorifto

This is Pablo. Razaro's twin brother...hehe

I picked this NA up from a close friend named Mike <3. RIP Razaro

I came to the hard conclusion that if i wanted my Merlow princess to last me till my 30's i would have to retire her, and pick up another car. Now i can pursue my dreams of being a "drift swagger pants boy" I plan on going all out and building exactly what i've been envisioning in my head the past few years.

Well.... here we go.

Car came with 210k and electrical gremlins. Some lame battery drain, ill get it figured out eventually. I've had to bump start the car every time...lol But its ok because this thing will probably be dead in a year. jk hope not. Here are some pics <3 im really sleepi.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Started stripping the car a few days ago. Thanks for the help Aldo. I plan on painting the interior a nice white but i may also just clean up the black... I considered taking out the dash, but i think ill hold off until i pick up a 1.6 dash :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Update: I kinda prob maybe broke the car, we will see. My car is still broken for anyone that is wondering why I haven't updated my fantastic build thread.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A white painted tub looks cool but it gets filthy real quick, even if it's the middle of summer.

You should buy my RPF1's for this thing when my Hayashi's show up.:D
Thats what i've been thinking too... maybe flat black?
I was going to paint half to see how it would look first.

I've already spent money i don't have on this car. I'm just going to share my rpf1s between the cars because i really only need them for leads on the drift car :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More pics!

Moved the Tiens over to the Merlow as a temporary suspension setup and then put the Stance's on Pablo. I planned on getting new coils for the drift car but the Super Streets have held up really well so ill stick with them for now.

The brakes were pretty damn beat... luckily i still had my oem rotors that I resurfaced at school. Also threw my old pads on the front because the old ones were close to none existent..

These are the only pictures I took after their suspension swaps... Ill get better ones on my days off :p

Cheers :smile:

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
Thats what i've been thinking too... maybe flat black?
I was going to paint half to see how it would look first.
It's nice and cheap being that it only takes like 4-5 cans of spray to do the whole interior tub and touch ups are easy enough. The paint stink lasts for a couple weeks though, which is annoying, but it's not like you'll be daily driving the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stoked on the new build Julio, I'm a fan of how you've turned your other car around and I can't wait to see the progression of this one as well.

You should buy my RPF1's for this thing when my Hayashi's show up.:D
Glad to hear you're picking up some Hayashi's, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's nice and cheap being that it only takes like 4-5 cans of spray to do the whole interior tub and touch ups are easy enough. The paint stink lasts for a couple weeks though, which is annoying, but it's not like you'll be daily driving the car.
Yeah thats what i'm not hyped about. I painted a piece in my 1.6 once and it stunk for a while. I have tons of time before the next drift event to get that all sorted out though!

Stoked on the new build Julio, I'm a fan of how you've turned your other car around and I can't wait to see the progression of this one as well.

Glad to hear you're picking up some Hayashi's, looking forward to it.
Thanks!
I'm super glad i don't have to risk my baby's life drifting anymore!

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
Should I sub? Will you accept my game invite in a lil bit?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Should I sub? Will you accept my game invite in a lil bit?
The master plan is to eventually hit a wall so idk if you should get emotionally attached...

Yeah lets play! I'm about to go trade some parts so ill be on again in a little bit... i think... I have work at 7 :(
Damn you got off 1 minute after i got home...

Currently working on a Rotary nb :))

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The car hadn't moved for a bit because I let Aldo borrow my egr valve and charcoal canister. One of the hose plug things broke when removing a hose which sucked. I taped it up super bad so i could test drive the car but ended up with a check engine light :)

I popped the hood and saw that the hose was completely disconnected haha. I went ahead and clipped the part that was stuck in the hose and super glued that baby back together. Should work just fine.

Picked up some supplied to remove the black gunk on the doors. Its a pain!!!!

This bumper has definitely seen better days so i threw on a little black paint. Still waiting to clear coat it but it already looks way better! kinda...

DIY radio delete panel ;)

Now for some neat stuff!
Parts that may or may not go on the car haha.

I had planned on getting a full cage welded in this baby but came across a deal i couldn't pass up. The new plan is to just get door bars welded in until next grassroots comp season.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another day off :)))

I'm going to be putting on my cut bumper and just rattle canning it black, instead of cutting the one thats in good condition. Since i was basically taking the whole rear end off, thought id test fit the wing stands. Turns out the hardware that came with them didn't have matching threads :(((

Painting the rear bumper really poorly. Very little prep, but i think im going to be making the cut more aggressive so it shouldn't really matter.

Finished up my radio delete. I'm pretty hyped on it :0

ANNNNNNNNDDDDDD I've heard it a pain to remove the dash so i'm going to begin painting the tub in sections. I really need to get rid of the softop but then the car is going to get soaked since its been raining a ton. This is only the first coat. I still painting it as i type and it looks heaps better.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts