ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bblgroup.us/ssautochrome.htm

A company called SSAutochrome and also goes by XS Power?

According to our investigation, evidence strongly supports the claim that they have been dumping inferior turbos into the U.S. market for prices so low it makes business for legitimate turbo dealers difficult. We lived and let lived until they stepped on our toes, now we?re going to use publicly available facts to expose them for what they are?a turbo dealer that is wrought with problems: 1) Integrity problems, 2) Quality problems, and 3) Customer service problems.

1. Integrity problem

Almost two years ago my company developed a high quality and reliable aftermarket upgrade turbo for DSM cars called the Evo 3 GT. Soon after releasing the product in January 2005 my dealers started receiving calls and emails from people complaining that their ?Evo 3 GT? failed. These were customers from Ebay who said they bought an ?Evo 3 GT? for a price that was different than my product's price. We investigated and discovered that another company was violating our common law trademark and calling their product by our name ?Evo 3 GT.? They knew that they could benefit from the brand recognition we created for our aftermarket Evo 3 GT so they just started using our name. First offense.

We brought to their attention that their use of our name was confusing both our customers, and asked them to stop using our name. They ignored our request. Second offense.

Since they chose to continue to violate our name, they have forced us to put up this webpage to expose these people so that our customers will no longer be confused. On this page we will not draw any spurious conclusions, instead will only stick to the undisputable facts and testimoney from their real-life vicitims.

·
Registered
765 Posts
SS Ghettochrome/Xtra Shitty Power has been turning out crap for a long time. I thought that was well known? You will sometimes see "Greddy" name used with their junk too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i had some ssautochrome headers on my mx6. They went on with no problems and worked fine. :shrug: i wouldn't buy anything with moving parts or anything that is subjected to boost from them though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hey trent, this is white94pgt from mx6.com

but anywho, my whole turbo setup just about on my probe is ssac, the pipes, turbo, wastegate, bov, and intercooler. all of them work perfect with no problems at all. i have a feeling al lthe people that have problems with the stuff isnt telling the whole story at all

·
Registered
262 Posts
oh, hey man. small world. :)

well, either not telling the whole story, or abusing the parts. However, the term "abuse" can mean lots of things to different people. Someone might consider a trackday an abuse. I, however, would expect the welds in my turbo manifold to live up to the stress of a few 25 minute lapping sessions. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hesitate to say this but I have been using their turbo manifolds and intercoolers for a couple of years with different customers that are okay with using knock offs.
Some of the turbo manifolds are prone to cracking from my experience, its only certain cars because of the design of the manifold that I have seen have the problem.
I have never had an issue with any intercooler or kit from them either.

Now on to parts that they make/sell that involve moving parts......I wouldn't buy them, not ever. None of the turbos I have laid my hands on from them have ever flowed CFM the way another turbo from a reputable turbo company such as Garret does. I think the turbos are crap and the quality control from BOV to wastegates is questionable at best. They all look different.

You get what you pay for but there is no excuse for dealing with a company that shamelessly sells products that were reverse engineered from someone elses hard work.

And I think it's odd that you can only reply to them via Email and there is no phone number.

·
Registered
212 Posts
another thing is that everyone is bitching about dirt cheap PERFORMANCE parts. they are not OE parts. how can you complain when a $200 turbo blows? thats like complaining that a viper gets bad gas mileage

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
SSAC's exhausts are pretty nice though, for the price. But then again, they don't make them. They just distribute them on Ebay.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think some of you are missing the point.

Regardless whether or not the SS parts worked for you or not, they are a SHADY business with shady business practices. Follow the links or go look at BBB website and check out how many complaints they have.

Cheap or not, I'd rather pay a bit more for sound engineering.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
ExHondaMan, I understand. I had kind of forgotten (its been quite a few years since I used one of their exhaust systems (got is 2nd hand)) how shady and pathetic their business practice is. Not to mention how many times its been documented on various forums.
One would think that with so many complaints over the years about SSAC, their business would have been shut down or they would have been fined for their lack of good business. However, this is a form of Capitalism's down-sides, at its best....unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
lol..... I run an xs power turbo on my car (oops) No problems yet, but It scares me, I really shouldn't have to be checking for problems as frequently as I do......

I bought it secondhand.....

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
i have heard good things and bad things... (more bad things than good but its usually from the same group of people)

just chill...

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^Good for him. I'm just saying, the BBB (Better Business Bureau) doesn't lie. Look, it's your money. I would just rather pay extra from a reputable place then to continue and support shady practices and hit-or-miss quality. Supporting companies like this just floods the marketplace with CRAP. I'm just giving out info for those that are maybe on the fence about buying HKDM (Hong Kong Domestic market) crap.

As Shock G said, "DoWhachuLike".

·
Registered
212 Posts
the reason you dont hear much good things about them is because the people who do have good luck with them dont say anything. everyone is really quick to complain, but are slow to give credit. i know of several people in town here that run their stuff with no problems, in fact i have never actually talked to anyone that has had a problem with their parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts