ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me identify this spoiler! Is it still available from ANYBODY? I will do whatever it takes to get this piece!! Thanks to benthevegan for posting this pic.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
hahahah that caught my eye also! It'd be awesome to get for originalities sake but I just love my Garage Vary lip too much to change it for anything..

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think thats the spec c lip ( or something like that ) it's an oem lip that's really rare, good luck trying to find anyone that has one.... I've been trying to find one for awhile, and all I could find was someone in the uk selling it for like 400 bucks

here's a link with another pic of it:

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4737&highlight=spec++lip

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks twmboy! I did not know there was a thread about this lip already. #-o

Edit: got beat to it, and RichyVRLimited told you it was the C lip in that thread
Thanks for pointing that out. :roll:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
That's right. While CR.net cannot prohibit people from owning knock-offs (look at all the people on this forum with Sportmax 002s) we will prohibit discussion pertaining to the solicitation of new knock-offs. We're still working on consolidating formal rules but please read below for some guidance on this subject.

Counterfeit / Replica Parts

In the beginning, another aspect of the "vision" of ClubRoadster.net, then known as RoadsterJDM.com, was the love of the Japanese-only magazine "Road&Ster" and all the products for sale and in pictures that lay within, whether it be from KG Works, Nakamae, Zoom, DuCuatro, Garage Vary, Work, etc.

This doesn't mean that any of us has not included or should not include products from other sources and/or countries in our quest for our own 'personalized' Roadster. Everyone's taste is different. Some choose to save their money to buy a product that is of higher quality or unique craftsmanship, i.e. original. Some find that lower cost items or "knock-offs" suit their tastes/needs. But really, who cares?!

More often than not, the cost of higher quality and unique craftsmanship can be high, or at least considerably more than the cost of a similar item that is produced with lesser quality materials, improper R&D, etc. or is outright "copied". It is these factors in the higher cost item that inherently contribute to its exclusivity. So whether you like the product for its higher quality, unique craftsmanship, etc. or you just like owning an 'exclusive' part, it shouldn't matter. It does not mean you are a snob. It does not mean you are a "fanboy" who is craving attention. We are all just trying to create what is in our eyes our perfect Roadster.

Let's say, for example, that you either cannot readily afford or obtain a product, or have the opinion it is priced too high. If you really want this item, you have a few choices:

? You can patiently wait until you have the funds to purchase the product.
? You can patiently wait until the product is available for purchase at a lower price.
? You can purchase a similar product of similar or lesser, or perhaps better quality.
? You can create, at your own discretion, and for your private use only, a likeness of the product, in concept or design.

What you CANNOT DO on ClubRoadster.net is solicit for procurement or sale any such "copy" of an existing available product. We do not advocate the plagiarism of someone else's hard work. Any posts or comments relating to the above mentioned action(s) will be locked or deleted, at the discretion of the moderators or the administrator.

The reasons for this policy is as follows:

Increasing bandwidth usage as the forum grows in members and popularity means increasing monthly charges. To not only assist in paying for the upkeep of this site, but to also offer members access to vendors' group buys, special pricing, and other perks, we have implemented sponsorship arrangements with certain vendors. In order to solicit and maintain sponsorships, this forum must have honest intentions in doing so and also represent itself in a positive light.

Discussion and/or solicitation of "copies", "knock-offs", or whatever you want to call them is possibly and ultimately detrimental to said sponsors, especially if the product in discussion is for sale by said sponsor. We must do what we can to protect these interests so that incentive remains for shops to continue creating and selling Roadster parts for us to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Screw the spoiler, I want the wheels off the 01 Mazdaspeed Roadster next to it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's right. While CR.net cannot prohibit people from owning knock-offs (look at all the people on this forum with Sportmax 002s) we will prohibit discussion pertaining to the solicitation of new knock-offs. We're still working on consolidating formal rules but please read below for some guidance on this subject.

Counterfeit / Replica Parts

In the beginning, another aspect of the "vision" of ClubRoadster.net, then known as RoadsterJDM.com, was the love of the Japanese-only magazine "Road&Ster" and all the products for sale and in pictures that lay within, whether it be from KG Works, Nakamae, Zoom, DuCuatro, Garage Vary, Work, etc.

This doesn't mean that any of us has not included or should not include products from other sources and/or countries in our quest for our own 'personalized' Roadster. Everyone's taste is different. Some choose to save their money to buy a product that is of higher quality or unique craftsmanship, i.e. original. Some find that lower cost items or "knock-offs" suit their tastes/needs. But really, who cares?!

More often than not, the cost of higher quality and unique craftsmanship can be high, or at least considerably more than the cost of a similar item that is produced with lesser quality materials, improper R&D, etc. or is outright "copied". It is these factors in the higher cost item that inherently contribute to its exclusivity. So whether you like the product for its higher quality, unique craftsmanship, etc. or you just like owning an 'exclusive' part, it shouldn't matter. It does not mean you are a snob. It does not mean you are a "fanboy" who is craving attention. We are all just trying to create what is in our eyes our perfect Roadster.

Let's say, for example, that you either cannot readily afford or obtain a product, or have the opinion it is priced too high. If you really want this item, you have a few choices:

? You can patiently wait until you have the funds to purchase the product.
? You can patiently wait until the product is available for purchase at a lower price.
? You can purchase a similar product of similar or lesser, or perhaps better quality.
? You can create, at your own discretion, and for your private use only, a likeness of the product, in concept or design.

What you CANNOT DO on ClubRoadster.net is solicit for procurement or sale any such "copy" of an existing available product. We do not advocate the plagiarism of someone else's hard work. Any posts or comments relating to the above mentioned action(s) will be locked or deleted, at the discretion of the moderators or the administrator.

The reasons for this policy is as follows:

Increasing bandwidth usage as the forum grows in members and popularity means increasing monthly charges. To not only assist in paying for the upkeep of this site, but to also offer members access to vendors' group buys, special pricing, and other perks, we have implemented sponsorship arrangements with certain vendors. In order to solicit and maintain sponsorships, this forum must have honest intentions in doing so and also represent itself in a positive light.

Discussion and/or solicitation of "copies", "knock-offs", or whatever you want to call them is possibly and ultimately detrimental to said sponsors, especially if the product in discussion is for sale by said sponsor. We must do what we can to protect these interests so that incentive remains for shops to continue creating and selling Roadster parts for us to enjoy.
I agree if the geniune part is readily available, we should respect its copyright.

But we have to realize that this is a 17 year old car. Many of its parts no longer exist or production have been stopped LONG ago, as its the case for this lip (from my understanding). I don't see a negative impact of proposing such an idea detrimental if the original design has been abandoned by its creators .

Look at the orig Mini cooper or old classic porsches forums, I am sure there are lots of owners and parts out there that are in the same situations.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I agree if the geniune part is readily available, we should respect its copyright.

But we have to realize that this is a 17 year old car. Many of its parts no longer exist or production have been stopped LONG ago, as its the case for this lip (from my understanding). I don't see a negative impact of proposing such an idea detrimental if the original design has been abandoned by its creators .

Look at the orig Mini cooper or old classic porsches forums, I am sure there are lots of owners and parts out there that are in the same situations.
We recognize this. If an item is truly NLA please contact Tim or one of the forum moderators to see what can be done about it. Like we've said many times before we're not here to stop people from owning knock-offs. We just cannot advocate people using this forum to solicit the outright plagiarism of someone else's hard work especially when the original part is still readily available. This topic was trashed to death many times before you joined the forum so for now let's try to keep this thread on topic: Eunos option Type C front lip spoiler

·
Registered
95 Posts
Screw the spoiler, I want the wheels off the 01 Mazdaspeed Roadster next to it!

Arent those wheels the factory 16" wheels just repowder coated to the shade of gold. I have thought about dont this for a little while now but was unsure if it would look good. I wonder if anyone else has any other pictures of that car.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Yeah, i think those look just like the factory wheels only powercoated a bronze gold color.

As far as the spoiler, there are several Miata specific tuners that might be able track one down for you, just ask which one is willing to get it for you.

Hey Sid, did you say the word knockoff? That will be 20 lashes!! get over here!!

Phatty

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Arent those wheels the factory 16" wheels just repowder coated to the shade of gold.
Yes. Painted, actually. I'm surprised more people don't turn their own NBs into Mazdaspeed replicas by painting the wheels gold, adding just the front lip (leave off the factory side skirts and rear bumper), and topping it off with the MS wing. DRFT_MX5 is almost there but he still needs the trunk spoiler and he has 15" wheels not 16".

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts